Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Shipping a Pet by United Airlines

Since so many readers expressed concern over the possible dangers of shipping an animal by air, I found this about United Airlines and wanted to share it with you:

We prioritize the safety and well-being of cats and dogs through every step of their journey with United PetSafe.
  • Operate over 80 custom-designed, climate-controlled vehicles to safely transport pets in all weather conditions
  • Pets are placed onto the aircraft last and removed first to minimize stress
  • In the air, pets remain secure and comfortable in climate-controlled, pressurized compartments
  • Onsite kennels and offsite facilities accommodate pets during long connection times and before international travel
  • Dedicated, specially trained PetSafe Customer Service Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  •  
    I feel pretty good about this and am comfortable with using the service of United.  Of course I would prefer to drive there and pick it up - I'd leave tomorrow if I could, but I can't.   For one thing, I am not supposed to go above 500' in altitude until my eye has healed, which precludes driving as I would have to go over a 7500' peak on the way.   And I have checked breeders closer to Sacramento, but with the fires burning all over the state I would worry about newborn animals  near all that smoke and pollution.   I've felt very good about the breeder in AZ from the moment I read her website and I'm completely happy with my choice.

10 comments:

  1. Friends have flown puppies from Pennsylvania to Wichita with no problems several times. I'm sure your pup will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I'm sure it will all go well. It's a nonstop flight and shouldn't take very long in the air. I bought a doggie bed and a 20# bag of organic puppy kibble at Costco last night but now have to go through the house and make sure everything small and chewable is out of his reach! So many other little items to buy at Petsmart but I'll have fun shopping for them.

      Delete
  2. And as with small children, you will find all kinds of stuff you didn't realize they could get into. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will all come back to me pretty quickly - what I wet through raising a puppy and 4 kids! I got my last dog when she was between 18 mos and 2 yrs, the the lab before her chewed everything he could get his teeth into!

      Delete
  3. When you get it, post lots of pictures. We are dog lovers and our dogs are a huge part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to take lots of pictures and hope I get some good ones to post.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited to see pictures of your new pup. And to hear all about your adventures in puppyhood. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looking around my house makes me cringe. I don't have much furniture that is worth worrying about, but there are so many things in reach of a nosey puppy that I have a big clean-up and put-away job ahead of me!

      Delete
  5. Wish there had been a lab puppy at the local shelter. I always feel so sorry for those dogs abandoned or lost. Hope your eye continues to consistently improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here all those pups are snatched up by a lab organization, or a golden retriever org, or same with other breeds. The only dogs at shelters are pit bulls and chihua (I'm not going to try to spell the name, but you know what I mean!). I have always gotten rescue dogs, but for my intended future purposes (assistance dog) I want a pure-bred. By the way, many pit bulls are wonderful dogs with the most friendly and beautiful smiles. Try telling that to an HOA or your neighbors!

      Delete