Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 13, 2015

Just loafin' around

Other than accompany Sandy & the kids to look for soccer cleats, shin guards, etc. yesterday, I haven't done much.  That's fine with me because I'm still recuperating from the long drive and so much sitting.  I'm feeling pretty good though, and even tried out Mike's treadmill for a workout.  I may head out tomorrow to look for a trail to walk, except I think some rain is expected this week.

I wanted to mention to Kathy, who commented that she travels with a pet, that beginning in 2005 when I got my dog Lady, we made yearly trips from North Carolina to California, and that's when I discovered that all Motel 6 locations are pet friendly, and that they don't charge an extra fee as many pet friendly motels do.

The chain has been remodeling and updating their locations over the past few years, and most have very nice rooms with the amenities such as fridge, microwave, and wifi, but don't have hairdryers - that wouldn't be of concern to me except that I didn't pack my hairdryer this trip!  The biggest problem for me is that they are almost always located just off the interstates, and I don't normally travel that way.  If you are interested you can stop in any Motel 6 office and pick up one of their directories.  That way you can look ahead to the states you will be in and get an idea of where they are located.  It's really the best I've found for bringing a pet(s) and not being charged extra.

They should offer me a free night's stay for touting their accommodations!   Another drawback for me is the interior corridors, and they stopped notating which ones have interior hallways in their directory.  However, where they are located there are usually multiple motels in the area, both chains and independents.

Sandy and Joshua set up a huge jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table, and you can imagine what I've been doing for a lot of the day.

I hope to get out in a day or two and start roaming the countryside.  They weren't giving tours the day I visited the Eleanor Roosevelt site, and the Franklin R. library was being upgraded and remodeled, so I will definitely be going back there.  This area is rich in Revolutionary War history and I love seeing and hearing about it.

4 comments:

  1. You went from an RV to motels. I went from motels to RVs. I prefer the RV way of traveling, but if I have to fly somewhere, then it has to be hotels or motels and car rentals. Don't plan on flying anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are settling in. Hope you find some trails and get to those Roosevelt sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Gypsy. I do prefer sleeping in my van but sometimes it is just too hot.

      Delete
  3. a few years ago I had to stay in a Motel 6 in Lakeside and I did pay extra for the dog. And they had indoor corridors.On my way out of town I couldn't get in and the price had gone up $30. a night and $30. for the dog. I did manage to find a Motel 8 and it was the filthiest place I ever stayed and because it was a busy weekend it cost me $96. and 30 for the dog. Desperate measures and I needed the motel also corridors. the place reeked of smoke those are the ones who should have to pay triple for a room

    But I'm glad your relaxing now and hope tomorrow brings you good weather to explort

    ReplyDelete