Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sunday relaxin'

I drove over to Jeannie's this morning for coffee and some tasty cookies.  We sat around and worked the NY Times crossword puzzle, and talked about getting an assembly line together to make tamales.  It would be so much easier than one person doing all the work.   I hope we can get it going soon - it will depend on when Joe is off work and can join in the fun.  He will probably eat the most tamales, so he isn't going to get off without the work of making them!

I will make this a short post because I need to get to bed as I have to be at the doctor's office a few minutes before 9 am in the morning.  I'm not used to going anywhere that early - I might get up early but it's a couple of hours at least before I get dressed.  I think I will try to fast so I can just get the blood work out of the way at the same visit.

Donald is going to come over later in the morning to see if he can get my furnace going.  I think he did it the last time and I hope it will all come back to him and it will light up with no problems this year.  I hate to think of the gas bills though.  I remember keeping the thermostat really low in previous years, but it's nice to be able to turn it up when the kids and other company come by.

Of the next five days it looks like only Thursday will be sunny.  I guess I can deal with it, but I have to be out driving - tomorrow to the doctor, Tuesday to the hairdresser for a much-needed trim.   Wednesday I will want to see Ara as she will be coming in for Autumn's birthday and for the holidays.   So many things going on and I hope I can keep up the pace.  There will be time to rest after I die, but in the meantime I'm planning to live and to party hearty!

5 comments:

  1. "There will be time to rest after I die, but in the meantime I'm planning to live and to party hearty!"

    I agree with your philosophy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice for you living so close to your kids and having such a good relationship with them all. Hope you'll do step by step pictures of making those tortillas for the truly adventurous to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please do show us, Gypsy. I would like to learn how to make the tamales also. I already have a package of cornhusks waiting ...for three years! Just another "azbacards" step I've taken; it's gotten worse the older I become. I admire the way you keep in step with your schedules and agenda. You are a Young Thinker, I'm thinking :))



    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been having beautiful weather here in East Texas but later this week, a cold front will be pushing through lowering our balmy temperatures. Got to have a couple of bad days so we appreciate the good days, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you maybe post the recipe for those tamales??? Those are my favourite Mexican food. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete