Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 22, 2014

A Day with Liam

I had Liam today - Steve had to drive to a meeting in San Francisco, and Meg had to work.  Steve hasn't been feeling well and Meg went home early because of being sick.  I spoke with Jeannie and she sounds really bad too.  We all have the same thing as I mentioned in yesterday's blog - scratchy  sore throat and head & chest congestion.  

Liam wanted to watch a TV program I had recorded for him previously, "Bigger than T Rex".  I inadvertently erased it so I found it online at NOVA, and we watched it again.   He is fun to be around. 

Tomorrow I have to get out and run some errands - mainly the grocery, and then Joanne's so I can buy some spools of thread and maybe some cotton fabric ends to practice on.  I want to get that sewing machine going now that I've read the instruction booklet.  I'll probably read it again before actually trying it out.  It's been a long time since I've sewed, probably the mid-1990's, so that's about 20 years.

The skies were clear when I went to bed last night and I could actually see stars from my bedroom window.  I was too tired to get the binoculars and this morning the fog was too thick to see anything.  I'm glad the days will now start getting longer.

I forgot to mention that for dessert last Saturday evening, Donald made tiramisu.  That is the most wonderful dessert and I ate two helpings!


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about your trial run on the machine. Sorry to hear everyone is not well, this is the time of year. Hope everyone is well enough to do Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all get better real soon, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my house was burglarized that was the only thing of value that the thieves did not take, my sewing machine. Actually I have no idea why I bought it but at least two of my friends used it. One to make herself maternity clothes and the other to sew stuff for her nieces.

    Hope your family gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gypsy when I got my sewing machine I took aquilt block class at Joann's
    then I went home and using my favorite search engine I typed in
    "quilt block YouTube"...and from that I got a wealth of information
    and so much fun..good luck and Merry Christmas.... donna

    ReplyDelete