Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Not much to say today

I didn't feel like going anywhere today except to a local independently owned market where I bought some beautiful CA grown strawberries and blackberries.  I love having fresh fruit for breakfast, even though they are much more plentiful in CA (at least USA grown).

I also needed some ginger ale to add to the awful quinine tonic.  I usually like Canada Dry but decided to try a local called Adirondack ginger ale.  After two nights of using the combination I haven't had any leg cramps, but I'm still not totally convinced.

I straightened out the maps and info from my trip here and will put them in a remote corner of the vehicle, and got together all the stuff I will need going back to the west.  Rearranging everything to give me a lot more room is probably going to be more difficult than I thought, but I will have help so I won't despair yet.

The weather has turned much cooler today and is just about perfect.  Because of the longitude the sun comes up and goes down much earlier than in most of the east, and I keep having to move my camp chair around on the driveway to stay in the sun, otherwise I need a jacket.

I know my sleeping bag is super warm if it is cold at night when camping, but sitting around after dinner is more difficult to stay warm.  I usually get chilled after eating dinner, and when camping the only answer besides a campfire and wrapping up in something warm is to climb into the sleeping bag!  Whatever, I'll manage as long as it isn't storming, and in that case I'll just have to head for a motel.  I took a quick preview of some of the maps this afternoon and that gets my adrenalin up!  I know all of you with the gypsy spirit understand what I mean.

No photos tonight - I've been working on a very diligent spider that is setting a trap on the back deck.  S/he hasn't moved much today so I don't know what's going on.  I found it inside on the kitchen windowsill yesterday and it took two attempts to get it safely into a napkin and released on the deck.  Three of us have tried our luck at getting a decent picture of it, but we've been unsuccessful.

5 comments:

  1. It's to get in the low 40's upper 30's here tonight and tomorrow. We're hoping the trees will start turning before we leave the area.

    We'll be near Albany NY on Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably good to not have to go anywhere.. we had another flashflood here in our area again and hopefully it did not create problems for anyone. Our home (Lordwilling) will close on the 24th and we will be on our way to RVing for a while..

    ReplyDelete
  3. 39 degrees here tonight. brrrr. Seems Maine has just gone directly from Summer to fall in less than a week. Like turning a page. No slow move like I'm used to in Virginia. Hope you make it to Eleanor's before you leave. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this talk about cooler weather is making me wish I was there. It was 103 today. But at least the humidity is down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a reason that polyester fleece was invented by a mill less than a hundred miles from your present location. In three different weights, I might add. It's what Yankees put on to handle the chill of a setting sun as one sits out on the deck with an adult beverage in hand. Add a steaming cuppa coffee or tea after dinner and you have another "Ah, fleece" moment. I suggest you get some. Heck, even Wal-Mart has decent fleece up here where icicles pass for twizzle sticks...

    ReplyDelete