Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, September 27, 2013

In Paducah

I arrived yesterday about mid-day and just visited with my aunt and uncle all day, with a drop-in visit from my cousin Robert, one of their 4 children.  We've reminisced, looked at old pictures, read old letters, and tried to catch up on the 10 years since we've seen each other.  Today I'm waiting to hear from my partner in geneaology research, cousin Andrew, whom I've never met in person.  We're going to spend some time today or tomorrow driving around all the old family sites.

I'll have more to say but when I leave here sometime Sunday.  Right now, I'm enjoying being with my wonderful aunt and childhood role model, Celeste.  She is 8 years older than I am and when I visited the farm she always involved me in her teen activities - basketball games, all her high school friends, etc.  I felt so grown up back then and everyone treated me so special.  Now we are both in our 70's and she's still treating me like I'm someone special!  I'm loving it.  


9 comments:

  1. Family is great hope you have a good time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so much more than the mundane everyday things in the 'at home life'. I have noticed that you come alive when you are on the road exploring, visiting or just moving on down the road. (ME TOO by the way!!) The trick for me seems to be finding a way to stay connected to that positive energy when at home.... What works for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to be with family and remember the "good old days". I love doing that when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back on line. So just scrolled through your pictures. WOW! I will catch up on the reads when I get home to Tucson.

    Seems you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you are in our 'neck of the woods'. We are about 50 miles away. You should check out Land Between the Lakes if you have time...nice campground and beautiful lake views. Safe travels.

    bhart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I was going to recommend the Land Between the Lakes... can't remember whether you said you had gone there or not.. really pretty

    Great family visit! being someone special would be sooo special ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are driving through Kansas City this next week, give me a shout as I'm here visiting my Mom and packing up a big truck (on Tuesday) prior to heading back to PHX at the end of the week. It would be fun to meet, and funny if we met here when we both live out West.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always special when you can visit with family that you grew up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are having a wonderful visit. Love those journeys down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete