Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A big part of the weekend has been devoted to kids' soccer, and I'm all soccered out.  If I didn't have to watch another practice or game for the next few years I'd be quite happy about it.  Two kids equal two practices on Friday night, at completely different fields, and two games also played in different fields on Saturday.  I used to love soccer when my kids were young and played, and when I played for a few years, but I've grown to dislike it intensely.  Can't let the kids hear me say that though.

The weather has been so nice the past couple of days, and cool as soon as the sun goes down.  From what I see on weather.com Sacramento is extremely hot - and will get into triple digits next week.  I'm counting on it being at a more reasonable temperature by the time I get back, sometime in late October.

Today I tried a new (to me) food:  stuffed clams.  I like seafood but not much in the way of shellfish.  I remember years ago being at a party and nearly devouring a big bowl of dip, surprised later to find out it was clam dip.  Delicious, but I really didn't think I'd like clams in any other form.  The stuffed clam was good although the dressing was what made it super-good.  I do like crab although it's just too much work to crack shells and not worth the effort.  Deviled crab and crab cakes are what I love, and I should try to have them when I reach the Chesapeake Bay area, where they are the best!  That will be in a little over a week, and I'm starting to think about being on the road again.

 

8 comments:

  1. One soccer game a year would be about my limit also. Now crab cakes are a whole different ball game. I love crab cakes. I don't even mind all the work of eating crabs but crab cakes are definitely easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did they stuff the clams with? I like breaded and fried clams, and have developed a liking for a good crab cake. Lobster and shrimp will always be my favorites from the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love seafood, mostly steamed with or in butter. Lobster and crab especially but mussels, clams. Bring them on! Where are you going at the Chesapeake Bay? We may just miss you. We'll be at Assateague National Seashore in late September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never watched a soccer game. Don't even know the rules. BTW, when we used to go to the east coast on vacation, we would catch our own blue crabs and have a feast. Nothing better than fresh from the bay crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy when you get down here and head over the 95 bridge heading south be sure to take 301 south no only will you miss all that traffic around DC but find the best crab cakes in the WORLD yes I said it world. You look fo Red Eye Dock Bar right on the water .

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be nice to be enjoying good weather. I am so ready for winter.
    sea food is my favorite but not raw clams. When living in NJ we always had fresh crab. I cooked lots of them don't mind pulling them apart. Sure miss eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just don't care for seafood any longer. Used to love it. Still gotta have a fried catfish dinner with all the trimmings ever now and then... I am southern. ha

    Remember Howard Johnson's ... their thing was fried clams. wow... weren't they the first interstate type restaurant? they were everywhere like Stuckey's. oh, the pecan logs.

    Best part of olden days traveling. I enjoyed soccer very much when Yates was little. So funny to see those little ol bitty legs running and kicking...

    I like all sports but baseball? I'd go to sleep along with the kiddos... little league is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Philadelphia, PA to Kent Inland Md. don't know if you got the e-mail..

    1. Head southeast on Avenue Of The Arts/S Broad St toward Chestnut St
    Continue to follow S Broad St
    3.4 mi
    2. Slight left to merge onto I-95 S toward Int'l Airport
    Entering Delaware
    31.6 mi
    3. Take exit 4A for DE-7 S toward DE-1 S/Christiana Mall Rd
    0.6 mi
    4. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Deleware 1 S/Delaware 7 S/Mall Rd/Christiana and merge onto DE-1 S/DE-7 S
    Continue to follow DE-1 S
    5.4 mi
    5. Continue onto DE-1 S/US-13 S
    2.2 mi
    6. Continue onto DE-1 S
    Partial toll road
    9.7 mi
    7. Take exit 136 for DE-299 toward US-13/Odessa Middletown
    0.4 mi
    8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Delaware 299 W and merge onto DE-299 W/Middletown Odessa Rd
    Continue to follow DE-299 W
    2.8 mi
    9. Turn left onto US-301 S/Middletown Warwick Rd
    Continue to follow US-301 S
    Entering Maryland
    51.6 mi




    ReplyDelete