Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bummer!

I decided to go to Walmart this afternoon to see if I could find some things I haven't been able to locate anywhere else.   First off, I thought I'd take my blood pressure on one of those machines.  It's all changed now - a woman in a white lab coat is on the screen yapping away.  I kept having to hit the continue button to get through all the options - they don't just do blood pressure any more - and all the while I was getting more irritated with that annoying woman on the screen.  I finally realized I was probably getting my blood pressure up.

After having to enter my date of birth and race, I was finally ready to get what I sat down for - a BP reading.  Even through the reading that woman didn't shut up, and finally when I had chosen between seeing my results on the screen or having them emailed to me, I nearly fell off the chair!  98/58, with heart rate of 71.  Now that can't be correct.  If my pressure was that low I would be in a near catatonic state.  I have a good amount of energy, feel great, and my appetite keeps increasing - still no weight gain if the fit of my clothes is any indication - not at all like if my BP went that low.

I continue throughout the store with my list not finding a single item I came in for.  I picked up a couple of items so that the trip wouldn't be a total loss, and then had to wait an extremely long time in a line.  Every single cash register had a long line, but I think mine was the slowest.  And when I finally got to the cashier I was smiling and friendly - why blame her.  I did pick up a York Peppermint Pattie in the line while reading the tabloid headlines during my long wait, and I'll be enjoying it soon.  (For anyone who hasn't seen the latest tabloid headlines, Camilla is demanding a DNA test on baby Prince George!  I never read the inside of those mags, by the way. Fortunately I had eaten my first lunch before I left, and just now had my 2nd lunch upon returning.  Now for dessert!

I have started thinking about how I will pack the car, but doing it is another thing.  Yesterday I organized my meals and anything to do with cooking and eating, but I still have a ways to go.  It is hot and humid today and not conducive to being outdoors.  And my peppermint pattie is all soft and melty.

11 comments:

  1. Been a very long time since I have had a Peppermint Paddy but now that you mentioned it I am needing one badly, Maybe a couple or six. Don't think I would have the patience for that yakky-doodle BP monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Camilla wants to make sure his blood is blue. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just remember you woke up on the right side of the grass today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BP has been 90/50 my entire life Gypsy. Even while giving birth or stressed it never goes above 100/60. I get tired of telling new nurses and doctors NO I am NOT going to pass out. Sigh Wallene's is low too.

    But if your's isn't normally that low, a drop like that would make you ill. If mine was to raise to a "normal" level [120/80] it would almost certainly kill me. My heart couldn't take it.

    You might want to look into getting off the BP meds - sometimes a change in diet and exercise can naturally lower it and the meds will make it too low.

    Okay that was entirely TOO much info, but I just wanted you to know some of us do have BP that low and they are normal.

    Glad you are planning and packing your food. Keep eating. xo J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably would have told BP lady what she could do with it. And then not to be able to find anything you want - even more frustration. Sure glad you had the paddy to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate walmarts for all the reasons you have so clearly articulated. Not to mention that most of their goods aren't in fact any cheaper than other places. Sure wish my problem was not being able to put on weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When at Walmart, I take my purchases through the electronic dept. cashier ~ they are usually not busy and probably appreciate something to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Camilla want the Queen to smite her. lol Who thinks up that stuff. I never buy those papers but if Walmart makes me stand in line for 30 minutes I think they should entertain me.

    My blood pressure is usually low except sometimes doctors make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaa Camilla ... those magazines are hilarious ... great for waiting in lines but I go to the self check these days ... so no long lines.

    So, the BP machines have talking people nowadays... haven't used one of those in eons.

    I like York Peppermint Patties very much ~ since I'm fat, I haven't had one in eons... I don't know why I'm still fat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm getting so tired of Walmart these days. The closest to my house doesn't seem to carry anything I am looking for and the lines drive me crazy. For groceries I just go to the Neighborhood Walmart and get out.
    My pressure runs low all the time.

    Well now your in the packing stage again. Figures the heat is on again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally someone says what I've felt about the new blood pressure machines..It used to be so easy..No way I'm answering 10,000 questions and giving my E-mail.
    Maybe if you and I complain they will bring back the old one's.
    Enjoying your adventures.
    David

    ReplyDelete