Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Better luck today

Today I tried Target and Dick's Sporting Goods (never could find ToysRUs) looking for a scooter that my grandson wants for his birthday.  (Target had a line of customers stretching to half the store and just one cashier!)  No luck, so I decided to try Walmart one more time because I knew they should have them.  This time I was lucky and found the one I wanted, but again the cashier lines were so long.  Thanks to a comment to yesterday's post, I went to the Electronics Dept. where they had two cashiers and only one customer ahead of me at either one.  

As I was leaving the skies opened up and it poured rain like I haven't seen for a long time.  I waited in the doorway for a while and then decided to make a run for it.  I was a couple of aisles off on where I thought I parked and was pretty wet when I finally got in the car.

Scooter bought; pinata bought; a couple of food items that I had been looking for were found.  All in all it was a good morning.  I don't even mind the rain although I hope I don't see a lot of it on my way back to Sacramento.

Before I left Sac I bought a yoga video that I just watched for the first time.  I mostly watched because I sure couldn't participate for very long.  What in the world made me think I could do this at my age?  I practiced yoga in my early 30's and was very good at it, but that was then and now is now!  I desperately need an exercise program of some sort.

The sun is out and the deck is dry, so I will spend a little time out there listening to the birds and watching for deer.

10 comments:

  1. Hmm I was thinking of doing yoga too. Since we're the same age, maybe I better reconsider. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself. Have more fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two I use during bad weather when I have to exercise inside. One is Wii Fit that I use with my Wii and the other one is a DVD Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" ... 5-Day Fit Walk
    The Wii Fit does have some Yoga but I don't do well at all with it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the DVD ~ Easy Yoga for Arthritis by Peggy Cappy. I got this off PBS when I contributed.

    I began this before I left last year and am just about getting ready to make the commitment to begin again.

    I forget about it ... thanks for the reminder ... also a reeeeally easy ..

    Another little book I picked up at Barnes & Nobles in their coffee shop was A Morning Cup of Yoga by Jane Goad Trechsel. This is a 15 minute morning exercise ... just love it.

    and believe me~ If I can do it? ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should get a bat out and start practicing for the pinata business. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm told that there are yoga programs for any age, even chair yoga. Maybe for me, but I'm not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to get those christmas presents done early!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your grandson will enjoy his day, for sure. You made sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is yoga for nearly everyone. You just have to find the beginners beginner one and do it until it seems too easy for you. Don't give up it is great exercise particularly for those of us getting older as it keeps us limber and able to stretch. Just do a tiny bit each day and a little more the day after that. I promise it will get easier and easier if you have the right program.

    You are going to have one very happy little boy on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yoga huh maybe I should give that a try. I'll look for the ones Carolyn mentioned.
    I bet your grandson will have a great birthday now that he is getting his scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yoga? Exercise? horrors! I really need to tell you that the drive from Hamilton, MT down to Challis, ID along the Salmon River has to be one of the most beautiful drives ever. I would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete