Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Update

I left the CG this morning at about 9 am and drove for the coast of Lake Superior.  I should have gone straight to Duluth because I have been in pain ever since I left.  It's the gallbladder thing and I probably brought it on myself - I had nothing left for breakfast and ate a package of 6 Ritz crackers/peanut butter.  Normally peanut butter doesn't bother me.

I checked into a lodge along Rte 61 and have a lovely room I can't even appreciate.  I was able to get into the room at about 2:30 and went straight to bed, where I'm going to return now.

I checked and couldn't find any kind of medical clinic or urgent care within quite a few miles, and certainly no hospitals.  I just got a shower "just in case" and washed my hair.

I'll write when I can.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Gypsy, what a shame that you can't appreciate the beautiful North Shore! I know very well what you mean about a lack of medical facilities. We always spent 3 months in Grand Marais. Everybody there goes the 110 miles to Duluth for serious medical care.
    Do hope you find a solution! If you are north of Silver Bay, probably the closest place is in Grand Marais. They often send medical helicopters south to Duluth. Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gallbladder pain is so horrendous I can still remember it after almost 40 years. It only quite hurting after the stone worked it's way through the duct. Hopefully that's sooner rather than later for you. The last thing I had before I finally had surgery was a hamburger. That's how much I can remember because it's so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel so sorry for you. Hope it isn't something serious and that you will be as good as new in the morning. Don't let it go too long and keep us informed. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hate to read this, Gypsy... hang tight

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're thinking about you here at the Bunch. Take care & go slow.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is well in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, NOW I'm worried.

    Praying hard that you'll be okay in the morning when you find a doctor.

    And you WILL find one, right?

    Please take care. Hugs and much love, JG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let that get out of hand Gypsy, and if it precipices get your self to a medical facility...Quick

    ReplyDelete