Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 2, 2013

This is just a quick post to say I'm nearly ready to go.  Of course, now it's all work for Jeannie getting it into the car.

I did my routine with weights and realize I'm getting used to double the weight in each hand.  Well, my muscles don't agree but they will soon get with the program.

I stopped at Bel Air this morning to pick up a few more food items and also got a case of bottled water plus two gallon jugs.  I hate to buy bottled water but I don't see how my Brita will fit into the cooler, so I'll use the gallons for coffee making and the bottles for drinking.  Neither will last long but I think it will do me for a few days.  Normally when I travel I drink about 4 pint bottles during the day and maybe one during the overnight and early morning.  (No wonder I'm getting up every two hours during the night!)  The clerk and the bagger both wanted me to accept help out to my car.  What nonsense, just because I have grey hair?  I felt like pushing up my shirt sleeve and flexing, but I don't like to be a show off.

Last night I took a quick peek at my itinerary for the first few nights on the road and I am really getting psyched!  I'm going to have a fine time.

I'll write one last post tomorrow, and then it may be several days depending on where I can access Wifi.  I'm doubtful about it for at least in Northern CA; I think the main campground at Crater Lake may have wifi, but that's not where I'll be camping.  I'll try to write and upload photos every day so that all I have to do when I get a signal is hit "Publish".

Later -

14 comments:

  1. "I felt like pushing up my shirt sleeve and flexing, but I don't like to be a show off."

    HAhaaaaa ... get 'em

    getting excited with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the excitement growing. I just started planning our trip back down to AZ and I'm getting all ready to go even if it's not for another month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, yea, yea, have a wonderful time! I'm excited for you.

    My dad went through the same thing. He is elderly and handicapped, and was embarrassed when they tried to help him out. It's a store policy - they take everyone's purchases out to their car. Not an age thing. Good thing you didn't beat any up with those muscles. Keep 'em in your sleeves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, even though I have grey hair, I don't get insulted when someone offers to help me out with my groceries. Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no but I always appreciate the gesture-and I have muscles as well!

    Have a great trip. I'm looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just know you are going to have a great time. Keep us updated whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'd better get busy on that walking stick this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip and keep us posted so we can share the trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy!! We really are almost on the road. What a delight you are. Write when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need to get moving on finding something pretty soon I am getting very bored staying home.

    I knew you would be ready on time.

    ReplyDelete