Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wearin' O' the Green

I don't celebrate many holidays anymore, but I'm going to Steve & Meg's for an Irish dinner tonight.  Once a month my 3 Sacramento kids take a turn hosting a dinner, usually with a theme which is kept secret until the others arrive.

I found a short sleeve green shirt, not exactly Irish looking but it will pass for green.  I even dug out my green shamrock earrings, and was surprised to find the pair intact.  With all the moving around I've done over the years, and with the fact that I only wear them once a year, it is surprising that they were in my jewelry box.  I plan to take my camera along although I rarely take pictures now.  The vision just isn't good enough these days to snap a decent shot.

I made a trip to the Farmers market this morning and brought back some real goodies.  I'll eat well this week and will enjoy the veggies, especially the asparagus.

So I'm off in a few minutes to fight the freeway traffic.  If I can drive it during the commute, I surely can do it on a Saturday evening.  As my friend and landlady back in Ireland would say, "Lord guard us and save us."


 


6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the dinner with relatives and friends. Nothing is better than that, unless they color all the food green for St. Patty's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time for you with your family. I love asparagus. We roast ours in the oven have you ever tried it that way?
    Happy St. Patricks Day.

    ReplyDelete

  3. LOVE asparagus, especially roasted in the oven.... ditto!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now don't drink too much of that green beer. Sounds like a good time. We hit the Ranch Market today and came home with all kinds of veggies today. Had a great salad for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea your kids have. You are so lucky to live so near them.

    ReplyDelete