Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Frustration

First I would like to say thanks so much to all the folks who alerted me to the problem with commenting on my blog, and all those who assisted in testing it when I thought I had it fixed.  

The frustrating part is that I don't think Blogger is finished with its problems.  The latest is a combination of my Mac software as well as Blogger's photo loading feature.  I used to be able to easily scan a photo, save it in iPhoto, and upload to the blog.  Now the scanner doesn't work the same way and I can't figure out how to get it to work properly.  It scans but the result isn't the same as it used to be, specifically in how and where the photos are saved, photo editing including simple rotation.

Then I couldn't upload the scanned photos to the blog.  I tried on two different computers but something about the photo function has changed.  I've about had it with Blogger, but my recent attempt to use WordPress was about as frustrating.  

I was looking at photo albums and came across the one holding pictures from my 1983 trip to El Salvador.  Since I didn't blog or keep a journal back then, I thought I would try to write what I can remember about the month I spent in that country, just one year after their revolution.  I may try it again, but for now I'm giving up.

While I was watching Animal Cops Houston this morning I was shocked to hear something I haven't heard in a long time, possibly in years - a test of the emergency warning system.  Why all of the sudden are they testing this system?  It makes me wonder how bad the situation with North Korea really is.  Something is up.

The last few weeks Animal Planet has featured the Humane Societies in Miami and in Detroit, mostly dogs and cats, plus gators in Miami and pit bulls in Detroit.  (I'm speaking pretty much in generalities here, and don't mean to trivialize what these animal investigators, vets, and techs do.)  So when I was in the kitchen pouring a cuppa coffee I heard the announcer say something about 4 bears from a roadside animal exhibit and I realized it had to be Texas.  It was good to see again the show featuring exotic wild animals, livestock, horses, cock fights, etc.  Maybe because there is so much more space in Texas, especially farm and pasture land, plus the fact that the Houston SPCA covers so many counties and square miles, there is a wide and fascinating variety of cases.

I really enjoy the stories of investigators and the lengths they go to in order to rescue an animal in trouble; but it is also extremely disheartening how cruelly some people will treat animals.  It makes me want to run out and adopt a dog who needs a loving home.

7 comments:

  1. Biscuit says go do it... But get a little bit smaller one so you can deal with it better.... Woof Woof.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to find out that you had a dog! We do love our 2 Yorkies; they add so much to our lives. About Blogger, I wonder if you happen to have visited Tioga George today? This morning his blog was completely gone. Now he has it back, sort of, but not really. Why this insistence on fixing things that are not broke? AFTER they fix them they are broken for sure!!! I like to watch the Houston Animal show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are all frustrating. I wonder if you could just type your text into a word document and cut and paste the pictures in there. I wouldn't get to see it - DARN - but you'd have your memories and it's important to get them down while we still remember. LOL

    If this gets posted then at least the comments thing is fixed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they are testing the warning system since Spring is here and tornadoes are more prominent.
    I'm not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy, if you have a lot of pictures to scan can you take them to a WM photo shop or something similar? they can put them on a disc and you just slip in your Mac then tell iPhoto to fetch them from there.

    I haven't done this yet. I want to find a bunch of my photos and have this done. My stepson did and it was easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get the testing system every week so nothing new here. It is getting into the tornado season but in California?

    It's almost travel time. We have 10 more days and we'll head north. I hope you get to travel before long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss a couple of days of reading and I miss all the excitement of not being able to comment. So frustrating when things don't work like they should.

    ReplyDelete