Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jitterbugging along

The Jitterbug phone was delivered today.  It is a beautiful red phone, and is just perfect for me as far as size, weight, and number & control buttons are concerned.

I activated it online, which took some time but the prompts were simple and it wasn't difficult at all.  The only trouble is that when it was all activated it hadn't given me an opportunity to port my Tracfone number.  So I called Customer Service.  The tech told me what info I needed from my tracfone account in order to port the number, so I hung up to look for it and said I'd call back.  

I was worried because you get no paperwork or invoices with a tracfone - the only reason I could come up with any info at all is that I had added the last top-up online and had to sort of create an account/password while doing so.  I called J'Bug Customer Svc back and gave the info they needed, but it can take up to 3 days to switch the numbers I was told.  So for the next 3 days I have two cell phones and two different numbers!  Maybe I can mostly use the tracfone and get rid of some of that airtime.

I tried to call my friend in Ireland this morning using the tracfone, but the connection was so poor that I hung up and called back on the land line.  When I talked to her a few days ago the call was disconnected for some reason, so I was able to get news today that we didn't have time to discuss then.  One of my old boyfriends died; my hairdresser died; it seems a lot of folks I knew had passed away.  We discussed all the problems of Ireland in general, and her problems in particular, as well as my problems.  I think we talked for at least an hour!  I'm not making any decisions yet as to whether I will try to get there this fall.  The economic situation there is frightening, and I wonder what will happen with our own economy within the next year.  Everything is global and we can't live in a vacuum, so what happens in one part of the world affects us whether we like it or not. 

My d-i-l Meg stopped by with Liam today.  Any day I get to see a grandchild is a beautiful day.  And of course, I love seeing my children and their spouses too.  The grandchildren tug on my heart strings though.  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy,
    For years, when I have to call Long Distance in the USA or to England on my land line, I use my pre-purchased minutes from OneSuite.com I have their 800# on Speed Dial, so it isn't difficult to use. It is about 2 cents a minute. It takes me a long time to use up $10 worth!

    I will be interested to hear if the Jitterbug phone has good coverage and is as reliable as Verizon?

    Happy Trails, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to see how you make out with your Jitterbug. I like their common sense & simplistic approach to phone design. If I were to consider carrying a cell phone I would certainly consider looking at the Jitterbugs. Besides, what a cool name for a phone:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so anxious to see how you like your phone. You need to post a picture of it. Sounds like you are being the guinea pig for several of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hear in a week or so what you think of your new phone. Sure hope it works out really good for you. We are reaching that age when our friends are starting to die. But then you have the grandkids and the cycle of life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Modern electronics are great but they sure can be frustrating at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Jitter-Bugging-Granny you!

    Glad you got a nice grandkid visit.. those are the best!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete