Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 18, 2013

Some days nothing goes right

I'm having one of those days where I can't seem to accomplish anything.  I went out to pull a few weeds and was shocked to see that I now have more than I did yesterday.  The grass and weeds are outpacing me!  I was trying to keep from using harsh chemical weed killers, but I'm about to go get the strongest stuff they sell.

Then I decided to clean my oven, and couldn't get the damn childproof cap off the can of oven cleaner.  It is one of those you have to squeeze while pulling up on the cap.  I could never get the cap off.  That is a real complaint as a person gets older - my hands don't have the strength to deal with child proof caps.  On things like mouthwash I just don't screw the cap on tightly enough for it to catch.

While I'm griping I have to say that I'm getting really tired of Do-Wop music shows.  Public TV has a pledge week about once a month during which they feature special artists and shows.  They are pretty top heavy on Do-Wop in my estimation.  I don't think it was all that great the first time around, and maybe for a bit of nostalgia a few decades later it would be ok, but I think it's really overdone on PBS. Some of the artists can still sing, but others are terrible and there's no other word for it.

I'm going to stop while I'm ahead - just a minute ago I thought I lost my whole post, but luckily it had been saved in Draft.  I wanted to end with something on a positive note, but I think I'd better quit before anything else happens.

9 comments:

  1. I have had to use a screw driver on paint cans to get the lid off and I know that isn't safe, or else I just pop it hard on something hard. You probably could have given it to a child and they could have gotten it right off, just kidding. We used the salt/vinegar treatment on weeds and I couldn't keep the weeds gone. I followed the directions but it just didn't work well for us. Sometimes I guess you have to go to the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Gypsy... oh, me... yer on a roll here... I'm with you on those @#$% childproof caps... hate 'em! especially as you described the squeeze side things...

    About weeds? they do grow like weeds and I'm going to pull up the sod... replace with fragrant mulch, river rocks and pebbles with rock walkways... and plants.

    I do not like to weed weeds... especially when it gets HOT ... beats me how weeds don't care about the heat. seems they'd die just as the other vegetation dies when it gets so hot.

    but they don't... weeds are the gnats of the plant world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But some days everything goes right. Hope you have one of those soon.

    They should call them senior-proof caps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing you & I aren't together Gypsy or people would call us the Flumbering Blumpstersons. I have difficulty with many of the same things you do. If I can't get the lid off a plastic bottle, out comes the hammer & the shattered lid is airborne seconds later!! Of course if Kelly is home she just calmly takes the lid off. I hate when that happens.......:((

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a problem with those lids. I find using pliers works pretty good.
    PBS has gotten me off of them probably for good. They seem to run these pledge things for about 2 weeks and have taken off all my favorite shows. They now have commercials so why do they need 2 weeks of that doo wop stuff. I fully agree it has been over done for years now.
    Hang in there better days are surely on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on those lids that you have to squeeze to get off. I just can't do it. I get so angry but it just doesn't change the fact my hands just don't work very good any more. We're trying to avoid the chemical stuff on the weeds down here because of the girls. But trying to stay on top of the weeds by digging them out is almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to donate to PBS. They give the new members gifts but if you renew your membership they don't give you the gift. It's like they like their new friends better than the old ones. The same thing with the cell phone companies and cable companies. New customers get better deals that the old customers that have been paying for years. Stupid way to do business if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never bash PBS or NPR but ever since our great country cut off that little bit of funding to these great stations(I guess to fund the Bankser's instead) they really need every dollar they can get...And for those bottles take a small hammer to them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having one of those days too. I just lost my comment. Iffy internet. I find that 4G is a whole lot more iffy than 3G and why I upgraded when I know most upgrades only create problems is beyond me. Anyway....bah humbug to those days when the caps won't come off the senior proof bottles.

    I agree totally with Capt. Joey. As if PBS&NPR were big government expenses. His idea about the hammer isn't a bad one. I may just do that after I buy some little bottles with regular ordinary caps. Actually I'm going to start saving the bottles that have them and bash the ones that don't and put them in the new ones.
    Might work for you too.

    ReplyDelete