Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting What I Always Wanted!

For years now I've been interested in getting a Jitterbug cell phone, and this morning I called and placed my order.  I used my Tracfone to place the call as I still had almost 300 minutes to use in only 5 days.  Would you believe that with placing the order, asking all the questions I wanted to ask, and getting all the details of the phone, I only used 10 minutes!  I really dislike the whole idea of a cell phone and would cheerfully toss it in the trash and never again be bothered, but my kids feel better about my traveling with a cell phone.  For myself, I truly don't care.

The painting is finished, at least in the living room.  Jeannie came over on Saturday and put the final coat on ceiling and walls.  I did a little bit of the trim, but mostly just watched her work.  It was exhausting!  Of all times to have to undergo that stupid time change it would be Saturday night.  

I will try to finish the kitchen painting soon, which only amounts to four bottom cabinet doors and 12 drawers.  The worst part will be the cleaning before I even start to paint.  I'm so happy with the way the living room looks and I'm really anxious to get the kitchen finished.  Not sure if I will do the bathroom, but it's an ugly pink color, is a very small space, and it would be nice to brighten it up a bit.

I haven't been feeling well lately and think I will try to eliminate, or at least reduce, the amount of dairy products I'm consuming.  In trying to gain weight I cover all vegetables with a liberal dose of cheddar, plus sour cream; eat a bowl of cereal each morning with whole milk, and then have a big bowl of ice cream every night.  I will use up the products I have left, and then just use half & half in my coffee.  If I don't feel any better I'll go back to the rest of the dairy products, but it's worth a try.

The flowering trees are in bloom and already I can feel and see the pollen everywhere.  I had a bad enough headache a couple of nights ago that I got out of my warm bed to go take an aspirin.  Since I rarely get a headache it was enough to make me wonder if the headache might be a sign of something else.  Evidently it was a combination of pollen and paint fumes, and not anything worse.

For some reason I haven't even been turning on my computer lately.  Once in a while I check email, but I think I'm close to OD'ing on computer and television.  Don't know what's going on but thought I would check in from time to time until I figure it out.

8 comments:

  1. I think you need some good spring weather to perk you up! and the clean new look of painting is nice, and once it's all done, you will look back and say "ahhhh that was worth it!"

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desert is starting to bloom and boy have I had a couple of headaches from all the pollen. Hope you like the cell phone. Let us know what you think after you've used it awhile. I sure hope you don't have to give up the ice cream. Milk and everything else - no big deal. But not the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you having gas, bloating and abdominal pain. That's usually what you have with a sensitivity to dairy or it could also be gluten. Believe me, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you post again, and that you felt like doing it. I was worried about you after your email, and hoped you would be feeling better soon.
    Now for me that pink bathroom would make me feel bad, remind me of Pepto Bismol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main reason for having a cell phone is there are so few pay phones any more, and most of them in places where I would not feel safe, even in daylight. I pay a little extra to have my free evening hours start at 7 p.m., so that gives me free long distance to keep in touch with out of town family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first got my cell phone for safety when driving alone on lonely roads at night. It is convenient to have but we don't use it every day by any means. It was an essential line of communication when Mum was living but I notice we use it less and less now.

    You've been pretty busy so a rest from paint should help.

    Thought I'd let you know we are heading out to Hawaii in a couple of days. We arrive in Honolulu Thursday morning to be exact. I've set up a separate Blog called Hawaii 2013 which you can find here http://matarangigirl.blogspot.co.nz/ should you want to follow this New Zealand couple abroad. Most of our time in Hawaii will be on Big Island including a few days on a coffee plantation.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the painting is nearly finished and things loom bright and cheery. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling that way. As you know I too hate the time change. Why can't they pick one and stay there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you need is to become a park host, that will take care of all your ills.

    ReplyDelete