Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Did you ever...

...nearly empty your dishwasher and then realize the dishes had never been cleaned?  I just did that.  Emptied everything until I got to the silverware and found traces of almond butter on the knives.  I'm not one who washes the dishes prior to loading them into the dishwasher, but I just didn't see they were not clean when I put them away.  Then, try to go back and try to remember everything that was in it!

It's downright warm today - supposedly got up to 81.  I got a lot of weeds and grass pulled, but still have a long way to go before I'm ready for the Park police inspection.

I was fooling around looking for the current time in Ireland as I was thinking about phoning a friend there.  I found a web page that offered the html for this clock and decided to put it on my blog, when I realized it is a 12 hour clock - Ireland is 7 hrs. earlier than Sacramento today, but they go on Daylight Savings Time on March 31.  I haven't figured out if they will then be 6 or 8 hours ahead, but I will figure it out when it happens.  

Speaking of Ireland, I have been tossing around the idea of flying to NY in September, and then flying to Ireland for 6 wks or so.  I don't think I could afford the trip if I had to pay the fuel to drive to and from NY from here.  It was a lot easier finding flight schedules when I lived in the east, than from CA.  It's just dreaming, after all, and probably will never happen especially considering I've sworn off flying.  

15 comments:

  1. Hey, Woman, go for it and have a fantastic adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this will help with your times.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

    Sounds like an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, if you want my 2 cents...go for it. You only live once and if it would make you happy, then do it!!!
    The money will work itself out.
    Your dishes must not have been to dirty to not have noticed LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did that!!! That's why I'm sitting here reading and responding to my blogs. I was so disgusted with myself. And it's not the first time I've done it either. Oh, well as long as I get the dishwasher started before bed time. :)
    I'm not big on flying either, but unless we cruise, which I don't like either, the flying is the only way we're going to get to Hawaii when the time comes. I vote for go.... Fly to Ireland and enjoy your time there. "It's just money anyway"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back when I had a dishwasher there were several times when I put away dirty dishes. I just blamed it on the stress of working. I vote that you go to Ireland also. We need to do those things that we want to right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with everyone else on Ireland. Go for it, if you can, and have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't use the dish washer anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot! it was 90 here today. Thats just wrong.

    Lets go to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope you go to Ireland. You loved it so much when you lived there. It's good to visit and catch up with friends.

    Remember, You only live once.

    Never take life seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. That's a quote on one of the painted seats at the Ellerslie Flower Show we just went to.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gonna be hard to drive to Ireland..... Ever put dirty dishes in with the clean ones? That often happens when the wife runs the washer but doesn't unload them.... Then I come along sleeping, with my mind on something else and put in more dirty stuff... Its hard to sort out the clean silverware then... Have to wash the whole works over again.... Oh well............

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is an echo in here.. go to Ireland. Follow your heart every time it is even remotely possible. Thanks MargieAnne for that bit of wisdom. It's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do my fair share of dishwashing both here & back home in Bayfield so guess I am from the old hand dishwashing school. We don't normally have a lot of dishes to wash & despite having a dishwasher here in Congress I think it's just easier to wash them by hand each day without firing up the water guzzling, electricity gobbling, noisy swish swish dishwasher. Seems like I can have the dishes done & put away in half the time it takes that dishwasher to run through all it's swishy swooshy cycles.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just for fun, check out all the low cost air fare sites: Priceline, Cheap tickets, Expedia, see who has the lowest fare. You are flexible. Try it both from SFO and NYC. No harm done. Some of the lesser known carriers have the lowest fares. What's a little hardship, when you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, once I put the dirty dishes away, too. Thankfully I wasn't too far into it before I realized what I was doing.

    I love the idea of you going to Ireland. I hope you can pull it off.

    Also like your clock. I'm going to try one on my blog, too, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would think Ireland would be REALLY good for your soul! I loved reading your posts about being there, and it should be on your "Bucket List" to go back!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete