Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 21, 2013

More about Jitterbug

I used the Jitterbug this morning for the first time to call Great Call Customer Svc.  My old phone # had been ported to the new phone, but it wasn't showing up on the J'bug screen.  A feature of this phone is that when you open it your phone number is displayed across the top of the screen.  

For the third time I have called Customer Svc I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything was handled, as well as the friendliness of the agent on the other end of the call.  

At one point she asked me if I had another phone I could take her call on, and she called me on my land line and instructed me to close the J'Bug.  Then I opened the J'bug again and voila, the correct number was displayed.

One thing that became immediately apparent to me when I took the agent's call on my land line after speaking to her on the cell phone, was the quality of sound on the J'bug.  It was crystal clear and loud enough for me to hear perfectly with no distortion, no static.  My land line didn't seem as clear, although it still beats any other cell phone I've tried up to my new one.  I think I'm going to love it, if I can remember to keep it charged and turned on, and where I can find it.

Later I came in from working in the yard to find I had a new message on my voice mail.  I can use voice commands as well as the keys to make selections, delete, save, etc.  It is convenient to be able to say "Delete", "Yes", "No", etc., rather than have to look at the keys to make a selection.  I'm sure I'll be finding out more about this phone in the coming days, but so far I'd give it a Thumbs Up!  

8 comments:

  1. I had relatives who had Jitterbugs. Besides the great sound level and excellent customer service, they were able to maintain their contacts list by calling a CS operator who input the information for them. Great for arthritic hands ND impaired vision. I can only wish the sound and reception were as good on our iPhones. I do suggest putting the phone on a lanyard/necklace to keep track of it during the day; place the charger cord on your nightstand. You'll be good to go that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! and have a designated place for your phone ~ always put it there. same with the charger. always in the same place.

    I like Wil's suggestion too except my iPhone is too big for that plus I'd hit myself in the head with it ...

    if I'm home? I ALWAYS put my phone in its designated place. In Homer? it's on its stand.

    When I'm out? it's in my pocket. If I don't have a pocket? ... I stick it in my bra.

    So, there are only four places it can be.

    Car charger stays in Homer.

    House charger stays where the phone is when it's home.

    Phone is where the charger is at home (1)

    Driving, it's in its holder (2)

    When out? in m'pocket (3) or bra (4)

    Gotta be careful when you use the public toilet ... I had my iPhone in my blouse pocket ... was lining the seat with the seat saver thingy and out it came into the toilet... so... put it in yer bra or hip pocket... they're slippery rascals

    us old people gotta stick together ... Hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gypsy I'm amazed that the Jitterbug is as clear or clearer than your land line. That's wonderful. Sounds like their customer service really is geared to give service too. How refreshing. I have heard that they are after the seniors market and they seem to have figured out what we all need. I've found that I have more trouble understanding and talking to people with Iphones than any other kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wealth of knowledge. Looking forward to seeing how the coverage is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gypsy...
    Hubs has had a jitterbug for several years now and has been very happy with it from the gitgo! He is "old school" and only wants a phone to talk on. He doesn't even have voice mail on his. I have an iPhone and do everything on mine! When he first got his and I was using a Verizon Blackberry, there were times when he had a signal and I didn't! Jitterbug uses everyone's towers, so I think you will be very happy with their coverage!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great customer service is so rare. And they certainly know how to take care of their people. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what I'm hearing about that J-Bug:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something my Joe might be interested in. Thanks for sharing the info

    ReplyDelete