Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So much for my dairy-free diet.  I just ran out to the store to pick up some half & half, and came home with a quart of half & half, a quart of whole milk, a package of Tillamook shredded cheddar, and a container of sour cream.  I've been out of sour cream and milk for several days and I think I can notice that I feel a little better, but I guess it borders on an addiction.  I've always liked sour cream but could pass it by - now I crave it.

Here are a couple of shots of the Jitterbug.  I've decided I'm not going to use it until they get my old telephone number switched to the J'bug.  I also decided I will keep my land line.  I had thought if I liked the new cell phone I might give up the home phone, but when I think about it I doubt there is a cell phone in existence that has the quality of sound that you can find in a good home phone.  Most everyone I know has a smart phone and I find that I can't hear as well, and the connection isn't as clear as when both parties are using regular phones.  This probably doesn't matter as much to a younger person, but when you age I think certain sounds are more difficult to decipher.  That's my experience at any rate, ao if it ever gets to the point I have to choose only one, I will keep my land line.



It rained pretty heavily overnight and there is probably more to come.  The rain just made more grass and weeds pop up.

I just realized this is the first day of spring.  I hope everyone is enjoying the tulips and daffodils.  I am sneezing my head off with all the pollen in the air. 

8 comments:

  1. My poor Skittlez is just miserable with all the pollen in the air. She is scratching herself raw. So we've been giving her benedryl and then she gets so loopy. My eyes are suffering. Just love that spring air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phone is pretty. I wasn't sure what it would look like. Anxious to hear how good the reception is.
    My eyes have been itching but it is still so cold here I don't see how it could be allergies. But the tress are budding out. Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That phone looks the same, except for color, than my Samsung from Verizon. I have had this phone for many years and it has and still serves me well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'time in Cork Ireland' clock on the side bar. :-)
    And agree that land line phones have a much better quality signal. I wonder how long it will be before the phone company stops offering them and maintaining them. Like the pay phone, a relic of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried to cut out dairy and its not easy. I like cream in my coffee and don't like the fake stuff. I tried to not drink coffee, but that is not making me happy, either. I have stopped buying blocks of cheese, though. And my freezer is too small for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's a cute little ol thing f'sure! love the color ..

    I just don't think I could cut out dairy ... I've narrowed it down some .. I drink almond milk but I do like Greek yogurt and of course ice cream but have give up sugar soooooo no ice cream.

    dadblast it! cheese is a staple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. given up ... give up? hahaa... yeah I give up trying to not want sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to hate chocolate, but now that it is one of the few things that is low or free of sodium I find I crave it constantly. Can't pass a candy rack without grabbing a bar or two. Doesn't help that I like to bake too.

    Well, it makes the doctors happy. Puts on the weight, which I hope you are experiencing with your cheeses and sour cream. Try not to overdo tho' if you know you feel better without it.

    Now I have to play catch up and read back to why you had to give it up. Hmmmm.

    Hope your sneezing lessens some. The flowers sure are pretty, but they reek havoc don't they? Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete