Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The primer is on

Between Jeannie and me, mostly Jeannie, we got the primer on ceiling and walls.  We even did the wall that needs to be replaced, because I won't have the money to do the job right for another year and will just go with what is there.  Strategically placed curtains will cover some of the bad paneling around the windows.  The weather was perfect and I opened several windows to keep the air circulating.

I had a very restless night with terrible leg cramps and pain in my abdominal muscles.  I can't believe how different it is between now and one year ago when I painted all the other rooms.  Jeanne did the ceiling and I did a couple of walls and trim, but she did the biggest part of it.  She wants to come back today and get the first coat of ceiling paint going.  The room is certainly brighter with no more wood paneling showing. 

I sat in my recliner for a couple of hours last night in a near catatonic state.  I'll be glad when this is all finished and then I will start on finishing up the kitchen.  All I need to do there is the cabinet and drawer fronts.  Then I'm going get rid of all painting supplies, and never attempt it again!

Later after we had finished, Donald brought the girls over, and Steve, Meg & Liam stopped by.  The boys got my new thermostat working and we all went over to Straw Hat Pizza for dinner.  My sister Amy also joined us, and it was a nice time.  We always have a great time there, nostalgia playing a big part of it, and the food is always good.  So I'm back at home now, ready to drop into bed soon.  What a difference a couple coats of paint can make on a room, and especially covering 50 year old paneling.

7 comments:

  1. Yes fresh paint is so refreshing. And getting rid of the look of the paneling is such a treat I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family you have. Lucky you!! Sounds like the aches and pains were worth it but I hope they are gone tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah... that was one of the biggies in our house ... that old 40's style paneling ... hate it.

    either paint it or tear it out... huge decisions ~ not to be made with a hateful spouse.

    Glad you make your own decisions and do what makes you happy! even if you do OVERDO!

    Great family you have ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering since 1991 with leg cramps - just found out I am low on Vitamin D. Guess what? No more leg cramps after I took a high dose of Vit D or 8 weeks. I just spent the month of December in Florida - so I guess getting it through the skin wasn't enough. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I should have told you who I was when I posted that anonymous comment.

    Sue Brooks @ brooks387@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I wish I could live closer and help you. I enjoy painting now with those low-odor paints they have. They don't bother my lungs so much.

    I bet it will look nice when it's all done!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete