Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 25, 2013

Comment problem fixed

I think my blog should now accept comments.  I found the blogger forum this morning and a category under which to post a question about the problem I was having.  In about 30 minutes I had an answer and fixed the problem.  Somehow I had clicked an area of the screen I shouldn't have, and it caused me to lose the comment section.  I am really appreciative of folks who follow the forums and provide such a quick helpful response.

Now if I could only figure out how to get Sitemeter working again.  When I open my blog in Safari the sitemeter is working properly, however it doesn't work in Firefox.  I have copied the html code from the Safari version to the Firefox version, but no help.

I went to Walmart this morning, telling myself I wasn't going to complain about it.  I wanted to buy a weed killer called "Eliminator" that was recommended by Rick, a longtime blog reader.  On my way I went past the beer aisle and decided to check the price of Miller Hi Life.  I used to buy a 30 pack at Target for $15, but in just a few short weeks the price went up to $20.  Walmart's price was $14.97 for the 30 pack so of course I wasn't going to complain about this trip at least.  I found the weed killer and will let you know how it works.  I may have to somehow rake up all the rocks, lay new plastic, and then put the rocks back in place probably having to add more gravel or rocks.  It sounds like back breaking work to me and I'm not sure if I even want to start.

My contact at Lassen wrote and said that they plan to open the campground on schedule, so evidently the budget cuts aren't going to hit my little campground this year.  I plan to arrive several days before opening so I can do a thorough check on the camp sites.  In 2009 I placed decals on each of the bear boxes indicating which site the box belonged to.  I noticed last year that some of the decals are peeling, so I'm sure I can find little jobs like that to keep me busy.  They have already told me the cabin will be spruced up for me, so I will just have to move my belongings in.

I looked for a lanyard for my cell phone but they didn't have any that I could find.  The online price from the Jitterbug web site is $14.99, and you have to add tax and s/h to that.  I'm sure I can find something less expensive, maybe at REI.

After publishing today's post I received several emails alerting me to the fact that commenting was limited to members only.  Something is happening with Blogger in my opinion, because I didn't go near the section of the settings that contains this limitation.  I fixed it and then left a test comment to see if it worked - hopefully it will remain corrected.  I'm so sorry for all the problems experienced by folks who want to comment.     

12 comments:

  1. This is Gypsy, testing the comment feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Bayfield Bunch AL also testing your comment feature:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is Betty testing your comment feature. Glad you were able to find a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hell, I might as well test it too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried yesterday and figured something was wrong or you were tired of comments. I promise to be nice from now on. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is another test :-) by the way I am still looking forward to your daily Blog even though I have not commented for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to make some adjustments to my blog because of the spammers. I don't like changing things because somehow it gets all messed up.
    I see you fixed yours just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing is simple any more is it? No wonder everyone is so stressed out.
    All these anonymous comments are driving me nuts. I am not sure what to do though that I won't mess up the blog. When do you leave for the campground?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking to see if I can leave a comment! Sounds like they are glad to know you are coming to Lassen. Great that you already have ideas for things you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes Blogger is an ongoing challenge, and other times, it's problem-free. Like most things, when it works, it's great!

    I'm looking forward to your posts when you get to the campground - and photos, too. I hope the cabin is going to work out nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not having to worry about and tend to a rig should make your time there more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might as well "test" too! Love reading your posts.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete