Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Walking again

Jeanne came over this evening and we went walking on the bike trail starting from behind my house, and all the way to Fair Oaks which is the village of my former apartment.   It was a nice walk and on part of it we saw wild turkeys as well as deer.  Jeannie emailed me a picture of the cake Donald made for the soccer party.


The team's name is "Flash Dash",  and Autumn wanted the letters saying "Super Awesome Job!" on the cake.

I will probably be stiff and sore tomorrow from the walk, but I know I need to do it more often.  We plan to meet on Tuesday evening when Jeannie gets off work and will walk at Mather Field

Steve brought Liam over this morning and dug out the world's ugliest rosebush.  Now I need to put something in its place, maybe in a large pot that will be easier to take care of.  The big trouble is that I don't water anything but I guess I'll have to change that in the future when I'm in the area.

It has gotten cold enough that I've shut my windows and am still shivering, so I got the little electric heater going.  Steve is going to pick up the materials at Home Depot for coating the roof and covering the swamp cooler, and then I will have him light the pilot light on the heater before I leave for NY.  I figure I'll set it on 50 or 55, which should protect pipes in the event of a real cold spell.

Enough for this evening - I'm heading off to sit in front of the little heater.

10 comments:

  1. Once again, what a cake. Wow. Wasn't it just a few days ago you were sweltering in the heat? What happened? Sure wish I could work up the ambition to do some walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely watered my gardens, I planted perennial native plants. Research and find out what is considered native to your area. In Illinois they were called prairie plants - black eyed susan, sage, purple coneflower, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea on planting native perennials. We did that in Bayfield & everything looks after itself. I like sitting in front of heaters. Sometimes in the rig I put our small electric heater right under my chair & let the warm cozy air waft up around me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking cake!

    It's hot here with the AC on in the afternoons and heat on in the evenings and mornings. It's just that time of year. I'm glad you're walking, I just started back up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cake! Very talented guy. It is really getting cold up here now. Winter is surely coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cake!

    As much as I enjoy the summer weather, it's nice when it starts to cool off. Out come the jeans and sweaters and real shoes.

    Maybe a pot of cactus would be good - you wouldn't have to worry about water when you're gone. Or a nice aloe plant or other succulents?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cousin used artificial plants for shrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted you to know I enjoy reading your blog. Everyone else has already said everything I would have said.
    1) Love the cake!!
    2) Native plants are easier and care for themselves.
    3) Walking is great exercise and gets easier and easier the more you do it.

    Hmmmm I guess I just said it anyway didn't I.

    ReplyDelete