Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, October 26, 2012

Back on Freedom's Soil!

I got a call at 6:00 am this morning from my son, who had arrived in Bangor, Maine.    He wasn't there long before flying to Texas for about a week debriefing and then will be coming home to New York.  I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted from my heart.

I'm walking with Jeannie this evening and afterwards will have dinner at her house.  My leg muscles are still sore, but skipping the walk yesterday helped to heal them.  Actually, doing nothing but lying around on the couch did more to heal them than anything.

Steve will be over early in the morning to start on power washing and coating the roof.  I wonder if I dare get up there to help.  I will feel a lot better leaving the house for the next month or so if the roof is taken care of.  Sacramento is likely to get rain while I'm gone.

Speaking of rain, I hope all those living along the eastern U.S. have taken precautions for the damage that is likely to occur from Hurricane Sandy's arrival.  Fortunately my son had a very large generator installed after a couple of lengthy power outages.  It cycles on once a week to test it, and always caught me off guard when it came on.

Another weekend coming up - it won't be long before I'm pulling out and starting my trek across the country.  

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your son is back. But I think I wouldn't go up on the roof to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that new text style you have been using. Much easier for me, & probably many other aging eyes to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Mike's home!!! I am so happy for you and all the family. I know that Sandy and the boys will be ecstatic to have him home. Enjoy your time together, and give them all my love please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy your son is home safe and sound. Now get packing and get going. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great news .... I know that has to be a major relief

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a relief that your son is home. I know the feeling quite well.

    Be safe in your travels. Sure is a mess in the NE at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news on your son's arrival back home. I cannot imagine what you went through with him being gone. Now you will have a wonderful and relaxing trip....I hope.

    ReplyDelete