Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Update to today's (Tue) post

I stopped by the Urgent Care Center this afternoon and saw a doctor.  He said at this point I didn't have bronchitis or pneumonia, and recommended rest and drinking lots of fluids.  He also ordered chest X-rays and after looking at them he decided to send them out to be analyzed more thoroughly.  

I started out with a scratchy sore throat last week as well as a slight cough, and that wouldn't have had anything to do with the roof.  All my grandchildren have been passing something around to each other - all it takes is for one of them to attend kindergarten or pre-school - and I probably caught what I have from them.

I haven't decided to fly to NY, but will look into the schedules.  I absolutely won't go near any of the large airports including JFK or LaGuardia, but might consider Stewart or White Plains.  Probably not.  I want to drive this time because I have my heart set on visiting two of my elderly aunts in Kentucky, and it's this trip or never.  I'm hoping I'll feel better in a week and can look forward to the trip.

As far as the weather conditions in the east right now, I would hope things have cleared up by the time I would get there.  Downed trees would pose a big problem, but by the time I get there they should be cleared away and the power back on.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my blog today.

10 comments:

  1. So when will you the results from the further analysis of the x-rays? Be sure to let us know when you hear. Take good care of yourself and stay in bed for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pulling for you! Want you to get better so you can drive. Know how important your trip is to you, especially since that makes you able to visit your aunts. Thanks for keeping us informed re what's going on with you! I know what you mean about catching things from kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you dont have pneumonia. Even more glad you did seek medical attention. All I could think of was the blogger who recently had a stroke and died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you posted again, you had some of us worried that you needed some help.... Rod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep in touch with your relatives in New York and see what the power situation is like, My two sons in New Jersey said they were told 1 to 3 weeks before power is restored, My other son in New York City never lost power but two blocks south of him all the way to the Battery did.Hope you get rid of whatever the bug is that's got a hold of you, we worry about you. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just getting around to your blog and I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. the antibiotics should help sonn, I hope. I cannot imagine how bad the roads must be out East. I hope you get to take your trip as I know how excited you are to go. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those buggy things are miserable & they just seem to hang around longer now that we are older. We just finally got over ours. I would much sooner drive than fly as well. Just have no interest in being caught up in all that Airport chaos stuff. I prefer to keep my shoes on the gas pedal instead of a security conveyor belt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you said you probably got what ails you from the grandchildren. We lovingly refer to them as Peetry dishes because they share everything with their classmates and don't realize that they are spreading germs. No grandparent in their right mind would turn down the loving embrace of a child even with the snivelling drippy noses.

    Get Well Soon. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought at our age we had all the communicable diseases and was immune, but that is not the case, sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear from you and know you went to the doctor. Hope they will get the results back soon. Lots of fluids and rest is the cure for a lot of things. Pile up the books and sip sip sip so you can be on your way to your aunts houses. I agree, most places in the East should be at least accessable by the time you get there.

    ReplyDelete