Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, June 4, 2010

What a day!

I went out this morning first thing and bought some good walking shoes, and a new USB hub for my laptop. Now everything works better, but the tether from the hub to the computer is so short I haven't figured out how to work with the laptop on my lap and not leave the hub hanging.

When I came back I was trying for the umpteenth time to back this little Toyota Matrix into my parking spot. I couldn't seem to get it right, and then the trash collectors came along. They just settled down and relaxed to watch the show, waving encouragement to me. I finally got it in the spot and called it quits.

Steve called me soon after and said that he had an offer from a local RV dealer to put the 5ver on his lot on consignment. He said he has three new 5th wheels with 3 slides each and rear kitchens, and selling for upwards of $50k. I quickly agreed to see what might happen in the next week or so, and then we met at the storage lot to finish emptying the rig. He hitched it up and I followed him as far as where he turned on the freeway. I looked at that huge rig driving along in front of me, and watched him merge into the freeway ramp, and thought "How did I ever do it"! I don't really know how, but I know I could never do it again (unless I absolutely had to).

We left storage a little before 4 pm, so you can imagine the traffic he had to endure - nothing bothers a 30-something though. I got back to my apartment and again had a helluva time parking. This time I decided to pull straight in, which is a mistake because that concrete island is then on my right and I can't see way over there. I can't believe I can back that Ford 350 into a space so easily, as opposed to a smaller vehicle.

As we were getting ready to leave the storage lot Steve got a call from someone who was interested in the 5th wheel, but she "hadn't even mentioned it to her husband yet", so we left her to find something else. Please everyone, sent positive thoughts that I can finally sell this thing, and the truck will be easy to sell. Then I can find something more suitable for my capabilities.

How did I ever do it!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 5'er sale, it's a good time of year to be selling anyway. Where in the heck did the little Toyota Matrix come from? I must have missed that somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with selling the 5'er and truck. I am sure once you get more familiar with the Matrix you will be backing into your parking spot no problem; but until then just don't tell your son about the dents...ha ha.

    Take Care, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I missed that little Mattrix muffin news somewhere too. That buying & selling stuff is a royal pain alright. I would be happy to pay someone a commission just to do all that miserable stuff. I'm surprised there isn't a business where people would do that sort of thing for a small fee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not the question of "how did you ever do it" but rather that YOU DID DO IT! Good for you. I have followed your blog for a while and really enjoy it. You are some kind of a great lady. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RV's are selling better these days. So hopefully, it will sell for a good price soon.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete