Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The deed is done!

Yesterday Steve towed my 5th wheel to a local dealer's lot, and this morning he drove me over to sign the papers authorizing them to sell it for me. They were very pleasant and optimistic, and seemed to be easy to work with, not something I readily say about a dealership. They seem confident that it will move fast, and they are planning to recaulk the outside and to clean the carpet inside, to spiff it up a bit. So I brought home my copy of the paperwork plus the license plate. Here's to a quick sale!

As we were driving down the road Steve spotted a Lance truck camper in another lot, so we stopped to take a look. Wowie zowie! It is a model 855, which must be a 2010 model as it was definitely not in Lance's 2009 offerings, and is just about perfect for one person and a large dog. Too bad I'm not in the market for anything new, but I can see myself heading back over steep and winding roads and into the mountain backcountry in that camper. Oh well, I have to be able to see properly in order to buy and drive any kind of a camper, or even a tent.

I didn't explain clearly in yesterday's blog that I'm driving my son's Matrix while he is having fun using my truck. He is doing a lot of remodeling at his house - right now he's building a garage + office space - and is hauling debris away and bringing in materials in my Ford. He says the hitch is a breeze to take out and put back in, and hopefully it won't have to go back in.

When he had picked me up this morning and we were on the way to the dealer, I realized he should have been in a different lane to get on the freeway. (I forgot that California drivers always stay in the far left lane until just before exiting right.) I mentioned to him that he was going to miss his turn, and he said "No, I'm going to pull out and cut across in front of this woman next to us. I know what this truck can do." I laughed to myself thinking that the soul of my F-350 was shouting, "YES!!! Finally I have someone to drive me who knows what I am capable of!" I think the truck deserves a young male owner, but she's stuck with me for at least a little while.

Tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. I am meeting Ara, and Jeannie if she can slip away early before the rest of the family wakes up, and we are going downtown to the Sacramento Farmers' Market. It's supposedly a very good one, and there is a bakery in the vicinity that has legendary coffee and cinnamon rolls, which will give us some start-up energy.

3 comments:

  1. Here's to hoping you do get a speedy sale!!!

    I know you and Ara (and maybe Jeannie) will have fun on your outing together. Bakery? Our kind of place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers are crossed for a speedy sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cinnamon rolls - they are my favourite with coffee in the morning! Glad to hear the dealer is so optimistic about selling your rig. Who knows, you just may be going back for a second look at that camper!

    ReplyDelete