Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nebraska

I have driven about 320 miles today, which is at least 70 over the upper limits of my comfort zone. I made two stops for fuel, and I am really getting much better at pulling into stations, even when they are not particularly designed for semis or RV's. Today's travel included about 315 miles in Nebraska, and I have never seen so much road work in my life. At that, Nebraska has the bumpiest roads ever!

The RV park I had thought to stop at was unacceptable, and no one was in attendance, which is very annoying. I had just driven past a KOA but didn't go back. Sixty or seventy miles later, desperate for a decent campground, I was praying for a KOA. Lo and behold one appeared! It is excellent and I have just finished my supper - a pizza which they cook and deliver.

There is a rally of Foretravel MH's here, and they look really classy. I don't think I could keep a straight face driving a rig with "Foretravel" painted across the front and back of it though. (Oh never mind:-))) There are also some Luxury by Design TT's. I hd seen a couple of them at the RV park in Orland, CA, and I swear they look to be 80 ft long, and all have at least 4 slides. I tried to find more about them on the internet back in Orland but could never do so. I'd love to see the floor plan.

I'm a little ahead of the plan so I might decide to stay here another night. I'll see how I feel about it in the morning, and also what I can find in the way of campgrounds once I get off I-80.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gypsy! I love "following" you on your blog. You are an inspiration to me. Maybe one day I'll actually be able to help my husband on our travels...when they finally begin that is! You travel safe and take care of yourself!! Regards, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....btw...my blog is as http://homesweethomerv.blogspot.com/

    Come by and visit won't you *Tricia*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you had a good day. More to come.

    ReplyDelete