At least things are in motion now. This morning I spoke to the insurance agent who is submitting the claim. He advised me to call Good Sam road service to have someone come and look at the damage and possibly tow the RV. He told me I should not tow it myself until I get the go-ahead. So I'm now waiting for the tow truck operator who should be here in a couple of hours. I'm also waiting to hear if one of the two camp cabins in this park will be available for a few days. My insurance covers motel and meals, and while the cabins are expensive per night, I can at least cook my own food and won't have to move my belongings very far.
There is way more damage than I first noticed, and I am very glad I listened to my gut feeling that told me not to tow it. I rationalized that I was just tired, which was probably my intuition at work.
I hate to admit it but I have not unhitched since I've been here. I should probably go do it now and get it over with. I'll update later in the day after I've gotten some idea of what this is going to entail.