Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Welcome 2020!

Jeannie stopped by in the late afternoon yesterday and stayed for a while.  We had a few glasses of champagne and enjoyed chatting, and eventually she had to go home as they were having a few folks over to ring in the New Year.  I had no intentions of going anywhere, so Rocky and I rang in 12 Midnight by ourselves.






I tried to watch the ball drop in Times Square at midnight, EST, but since I was watching it on my computer I couldn't get the usual view that you see on TV.  It was disappointing because I have always enjoyed that scene.

 I had been worried about noise and possibly fireworks upsetting Rocky, but I didn't hear anything, which I thought was a bit unusual but I was glad about it.

I don't understand it, but for some reason I am very hopeful about 2020!  May we all have a good year ahead.  Happy New Year!

14 comments:

  1. To you and your entire family we wish you a Safe, Happy and Healthy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, and the same to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Gypsy. We celebrated with the pups and were in bed by ten. Such party animals. Here's to a fantastic 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to bed until about 2 am, and didn't sleep late this morning. It will eventually catch up with me.

      Delete
  4. I was asleep bu 10:30 inspite of all the guns going off and fire works. I have't watched the ball drop in years. But I wish you a Happy New Year and lots of good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish you the best also. I especially hope you can get away for a camping trip this year. Do it while you can, if possible, as the time comes when you realize it isn't going to happen - I've reached that point now. But I just have to look at other goals that I can reach.

      Delete
  5. May you have a happy and healthy New Year 2020!

    Most cities ban fireworks within the city limits as does Del Rio and Houston. However, in both cities I live in the county where it is allowed.

    I woke up 10 seconds before the ball dropped in NYC. Tried to stay up to keep on watching it as they were switching from different locations in the US (I was watching CNN) but fell back asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to see the ball drop because I have watched it on TV for years. But I finally thought, what's the big deal? I just hope this year is better for us and that the mess in Washington is cleaned up and out!

      Delete
    2. I wish I shared your optimism about fixing the mess in Washington...call me a pessimist but from all the "reputable" news networks (CNN, MSNBC, etc)...too many people plan to vote for him again :-(

      Delete
  6. All the best in the coming year Gypsy. Nice to see your still hanging in here. Still a few of we older Bloggers left out here and that is always reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Al. It's always a bit sad to see one of our dwindling numbers drop out for one reason or another. Happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  7. I, too, watched the new year come in alone with my dogs. And no, it wasn't happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Dizzyl. It wasn't anything special or particularly happy, but I have hope for the coming year. I wish you the best, knowing certain times will be difficult for you. Just remember that you aren't alone, and at the top of your list of supporters is your dear wife who will always love and help you from the other side.

      Delete