Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 24, 2020

Sunny Days are a joy!

Especially when you've had so many chilly days.  I doubt if spring is actually here yet, but it feels like it's close.

I have a question for any of you gardeners who have grown peas.  It seems like it's been ages since I planted the seeds, and I have some really nice plants with lots of blossoms and curly tendrils.  They are so pretty, but I don't yet see anything that looks like a pod!  Will the pod eventually appear where the blossoms are?  I have never done this before.  I'm anxious to start planting my tomato seeds to set out in about 2 months.  I think I'll plant the squash seeds directly into the ground as they seemed to do well that way last year.

Donald came over and helped me set up a new printer.  My heart is sinking because I know I'm going to have problems.  My old printer is a Brother - straight printer, no bells & whistles - which is really all I need.  The new one, HP, has so many settings and features I will never be able to remember them all and use them correctly.  I don't know why easy,  simple, and straightforward are such no-no's when it comes to technology. It will be nice to have the capability to scan, print in color, etc., but I could do without all those extras.  I think my generation is totally forgotten when products are designed.  I hope I can manage to use the new printer enough to become comfortable with it.

I'm ready to enjoy the weekend, although one day is like any other in my current life!  Thank goodnes I have Rocky because he brightens up my day - usually!  Hope you have a good weekend too.


 

8 comments:

  1. Make notes in flow-chart style. Tab over so many, click on button labeled !@#$, go down to button labeled %^&*, click... This is how I reduced a 300 page user-manual for the people I was training to use a new program that was way more complicated than it need to be.

    'Will the pod eventually appear where the blossoms are?' Yes, if you have insects or bees to pollinate the flowers. I'm sure temperature and moisture also play a part, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I think I have bees to pollinate as I had no trouble with the squash. I get too impatient and need to just wait and let nature take it's course.

      Delete
  2. Really why does everything need so many steps and all that nonsense to operate. My printer died about a year ago it was really old and I loved it but because Kodac stopped making printers for a while the ink skyrocketed in price and then the thing died. I bought a HP cheapo I could never get it to work so I brought it back. It took me a long time to get over not having a printer. At least your son got yours up and running for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feelings exactly. Things worked better when they didn't try to do so many things. What's wrong with simple? The test pages that came out of the printer looked very good, I'll have to say. I probably won't print more than 15 pages a month, and then I will get free ink cartridges for the printer. I can't even imagine why I would need to print 15 pages, but of course I'll find some reason!

      Delete
  3. I have never had any printers that weren't HP. All the way back to the days of the paper with perforated edges! The main problems I have had were software problems. Customer service was not always helpful. The one I have now is capable of faxing, but I only use it to print and copy. Sometimes there are issues when the laptop and printer don't communicate. It is wireless and on my wifi. I might be unable to get something to print today, then GY three copies tomorrow. Still, I think you will be all right, since you have helpers if you get problems! Good luck with your gardening. We have had NO WINTER here in TX. Weeds are thick and knee high already. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had several different kinds of printers, but I think the Brother was the easiest to use and lasted longer with no problems than any other brand. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. Once you get use the the HP control panel is is very easy and can do all kinds of things. Only bad part is the cost of the ink. I buy generic ink on line a lot cheaper than the HP ones and work just as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. there is some kind of ink buying program I csn opt in to once I figure out how often I will need to replace the cartridges. It seems to be a lot cheaper than if you just go out and buy a cartridge or two.

      Delete