Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Wow! Was I wrong!

I am going to LOVE the new printer!  I've used it twice this morning and it works like a dream.  Of course, so far I have just printed a simple page - and have yet to do anything like fax or scan.  I think with help from Donald I can do it all.

I'm waiting on the dishwasher delivery and install.  This is ruining my day because I lost a chance to go to Ace Hardware, for which I think I have a mile-long list!  Jeannie is going to pick up air filters for me, since I learned my filter is really filthy!  I am getting a 4-pack and will change the filter faithfully from now on.  But I still need to visit the store and do some shopping myself.  I could try to walk it one of these days, but it is probably a mile and a half from home.  That would be a good walk, but then I would have to walk back, and carry my purchases as well.

I just wrote something on my wall calendar and note that today begins the "Year of the Rat".  It is so tempting to make a political comment here! 

What a dreary looking day it is - the sun pops out once in a while for a few minutes, then goes back into the clouds.  It's not super chilly - the weather is just drab and grey. 

Tomorrow I will know if I have a new grandson or granddaughter.  Joe and his partner chose to not find out the sex of the baby until he or she is born.  I like that idea - I didn't know what any of mine were going to be; back in the old days you got what you got, and you loved. it.  He or she will be born by C-Section.

 I'll probably be back tomorrow - enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your printer is working well for you. And I sure hope the delivery and set up goes just as well and on time.

    Didn't know you were going to have a new baby in the family. Wishing the best and can't wait to hear all about the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The printer is so nice, and I even think I'll try some of the features besides "Print".

      The dishwasher didn't arrive until after 5pm, but the guys got it installed and checked out, and I think I'm going to love it. It looks like it holds more than my old one, but maybe it's just arranged differently.

      The baby's birth has been delayed until Monday. I thought it was unusual to schedule something like that on a Sunday, although I don't really know the reason they aren't doing it Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are liking your new printer. You are so lucky to have someone to help you in case you have a question. While I have a printer I ran out of ink about three or four years ago and just packed it up. Even if I wanted to use it I have no idea in what box I put it and I have a ton of boxes :-(

    Much easier to drive to the library and scan for free or pay .10 cents per copy as ink is so expensive.

    As long as it is healthy the sex of your future grandchild does not matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't printed much in the last few years, and now I can't even drive to the library or anywhere else to use a printer. Now that I have a good printer I will probably find more reasons to use it. HP has a program for replacing ink and it's very inexpensive, and depends on how many copies you print on average, each month. I'll try it and see.

      You are so right about the sex of my new grandchild. I was surprised the parents decided to not find out in the very beginning - seems like these days everyone wants to find out as soon as they can. I will be on pins and needles until I hear something tomorrow.

      Delete