Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, January 20, 2020

Don't you hate waiting!

I have been waiting all day long for the new  dishwasher to arrive.  It's after 6 pm and I'm still waiting, which really burns me up.  I doubt that I would have gone anywhere but I would have walked Rocky for a few minutes.  I'm sure dishwasher installers don't take the Martin Luther King holiday!   Jeannie called and found out the installer will be out next Saturday, ruining my weekend.

Speaking of MLK, I once had to go to Atlanta for my work, and arrived on the weekend.  I visited several historical sites, and took a Grey Line bus tour around the city.  Mostly they drove past old mansions, but the highlight for me was that last part of the trip which went past the house where MLK was born, the Ebenezer Baptist Church where his father, and then he himself, was pastor, and the last stop was the MLK memorial.  The bus pulled up in front of the building and the driver announced there would be a 15 minute stop.  I was the only person who got off the bus, and the entire 14 minutes I was inside I considered the fact that they could leave early and "forget" me.  I went through the place pretty quickly, with the highlight being a beautiful grave site of Dr. King behind the building.  I did make it back to the bus in time, and everyone's eyes were downcast and no one looked at me when I re-boarded.  

On another trip across country I drove the southern route and went through Birmingham and on to Selma, Alabama.  It was very early in the morning so it was pretty quiet.  I was surprised at Selma, where it seemed like all the housing was empty and boarded up, and just nothing going on.  A sad place.

Rocky just went out so I got myself a handful of snacks.  I wasn't even back to the couch when he was on the deck and barking to come in.  He shared my snacks and then wanted to go out again. 

I went to Costco with Jeannie yesterday and was stunned at how many things I normally buy were not available, as well as the rise in the price of nearly everything.  The only product that seemed to stay the same as the previous week was Cheerios!  I think I spent less than I have in a long time.
 
Enough for now - I hope to be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I hate waiting. It seems like the cable people, plumbers, electricians and mostly all the trades love to make people wait.

    Funny how you were the only one in that bus that got down maybe the other people were ashamed of themselves for not doing so therefore could not make eye contact with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was more that they were racially prejudiced, and resented me "making them wait" on the bus while I was visiting a tribute to a black man.

      Delete
  2. I have to side with you on waiting on things don't show up. I probably wouldn't be going anywhere either but don't give a day for a delivery and not show up until quiting time.
    It's amazing how these dogs know when a snack is being taken. I bet if he was 5 miles away he would know when I open that cabinet LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also noticed that I haven't received mail since last week, and that I also have received no deliveries in spite of the fact that several items I ordered have shipped.

      Yes, dogs are so intelligent. I am sure they can read our minds and actually "see" us getting a snack that they like. I try to mask my thoughts but haven't been successful so far. It's actually pretty funny.

      Delete