Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Always looking for trouble!

Of course, you know who I'm talking about.  I'm so mad at Rocky right now I can barely suppress it.  Yesterday I worked in the garden planting peas, and I even got some carrot seeds in the ground.  This morning Rocky tore up the entire bed - I don't know whether to wait and see if anything comes up, or to replant.  When I first planted in early summer he did the same thing, and the only seeds I planted that came up were squash & zucchini.  I think I am going to look for established plants from now on rather than try to grow from seed.  

Donald and I were discussing how I could fence in the new garden area, but we should have done it a few days earlier.   It is so disheartening that my first thought was the heck with it all.  But now I have all these tilled garden beds and was so looking forward to seeing results, I just can't let it go.  I'm really mad at Rocky but he long ago forgot what he did wrong - and he'd do it again if given a chance!

So it's later now and Donald finished working on the garden - we went to Ace Hardware to get more stakes and fencing, as well as topsoil.  Just finished a minute before the first thunderstorm of the year - Rocky doesn't seem to like the thunder!

This is about halfway through the day.  Still have a lot to do.



I just looked at the weather for the next two weeks - a few days in the 60's, several days in the 70's, then more in the low 80's, and then back down again.  I'm not sure how my garden will do.

I hope I sleep well tonight - I sure worked harder than usual today.  I'm hoping for all of you out there to have a good day tomorrow, followed by a great week as we move into October.

7 comments:

  1. Little stinker. Hope this fence will keep him out of the garden. A good rain will either push the seeds into the dirt for you or will wash them away. Good luck on the seeds.

    Your weather sound fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very narrow opening where I can carefully slip through the fence, and Rocky looks longingly but hasn't tried it yet. I just planted 5 rows of swiss chard, which is one of my favorite vegetables. I had planted lots of it in the soace Rocky messed up, and I want to wait to see if anything comes up before planting there. I just love this stuff and wish I could have gotten into it when I was younger.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry your garden got torned up by you know who!

    I so wish we were getting at least a thunderstorm. Enjoy your wonderful temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the garden is back on track. The temps especially at night are just wonderful. Even Rocky was snuggling up close to keep warm!

      Delete
  3. Rocky was just trying to help. . . (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like a dog who likes to help, is there! Donald fenced him out but left a very small place for me to get in and out. I look for Rocky to try it when he knows I'm not looking. Maybe he will be a good dog, though

      Delete
  4. Our fur family often tests our patience... Rocky is no exception and I can see the chicken wire fence up so that should help. I would replant as black labs often dig deep. I remember one time I was standing at the back fence talking to my neighbor and our black lab within 5 minutes dug a 2' hole behind me. Was I surprised when I took a step back....Another time she was angry at me and I could smell dog poop in the garage where she had been with me as I worked on a project. I looked everywhere and couldn't find any until I went to use my hunting boots - that is where she hid it. I think it is the nature of black labs....Laugh at her and re-plant because I'll bet she had a smile on her face thinking she had done a good thing for you. Black labs have a very warped sense of humor...

    ReplyDelete