Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, September 2, 2019

Houseplants, computers, & Rocky!

I can't seem to find the right location for a begonia plant; I've moved it from various places around the house, including windowsills, medium and low light spots, but some of the leaves dry up as evidenced in the photo below (click to enlarge).



The large leaves in the center are healthy, but those sticking out on top and one drooping on the lower left are crispy!  I bought two plants a while back that are guaranteed for 30 days so long as you don't repot them.  I need to look up how long it's been because I'd rather have the plant in a slightly larger pot.  If anyone has experience with this plant, I could use some tips on how to care for it.

I wish I had just refurbished my old computer instead of buying this current one.  The only improvement to me is that it has a 15" screen rather than 13".  It is much lighter weight as well as thinner, which isn't that important to me.  Apple did that by removing the drive for an external disk, which means I can't copy to or from a floppy disk.  I'm sure they've slightly re-arranged the keys, because if they move them ever so slightly it will cause a touch typist to make a zillion mistakes.  I'm too good a typist to be making so many errors!  At my age it would be difficult to  look at my fingers while typing because I have rarely done that in all the years since I used an old Remington manual typewriter!

Jeannie and her girls were over this evening, and one of the girls snapped this picture of Rocky.


 No, I haven't been able to teach him how to wash the dishes yet, but we're getting close!

8 comments:

  1. Our dogs are too small to reach the sink, so they can't wash the dishes like yours does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need to get them some sort of ladder so they can get up there. It sure saves me a lot of work having Rocky to do some of my chores. I need to get him an apron though

      Delete
  2. Is your plant in a drafty area? Perhaps the cold air from the a/c is causing the leaves to dry up. Have you thought about getting a separate keyboard? I saw a wireless MicroSoft keyboard for under $20 just a couple of days ago. I'm sure the spacing on an auxiliary keyboard is more standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've moved it several times so that it wasn't under the a/c vent, in the bright light from the windows, etc. It's in my bedroom on a chest of drawers that sits back in a niche.

      About the keyboard, I have a separate key board. The problem is that I've become so used to the touch pad on the Mac, which works like a big mouse. I can keep my fingers on the keyboard rather than having a separate device to move the cursor, but the touch pad does much more.

      Delete
  3. Yes like phxxer says, I cannot use the laptop key pad I lose everything and can't figure out how or why. Mine came with the wireless mouse also and I do believe it was under $20.
    Can't help you with the plant I have never had one like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in the comment above, it is so easy to use the touch pad on the computer keyboard and my hands never have to leave to work a separate device. It would really be difficult to get used to a separate mouse again.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely LOVED the picture of Rocky by the sink as I recalled that on your last post you said you wanted to teach him to wash dishes, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can catch him some time when he';s standing straight up and looking out the window! What a sight.

    ReplyDelete