Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 26, 2019

A few hours to myself!

I dropped Rocky off at the vet for several hours.  He was poked and prodded and received a number of vaccinations and shots, and finally returned to me.

I started to sit down and relax when I got back home after dropping him off, and immediately realized I needed to make good use of the time I had.  I accomplished a lot of cleaning and am paying the price for it now - total exhaustion.  And to tell the truth, I missed my little troublemaker!

It was way up in the 90's today but has finally turned cool.  I am looking forward to spending some time in the yard tomorrow, although I have a lot of physical labor to accomplish, and I don't know how long I can work without taking frequent breaks.  Actually, the daily forecasts for the next week are slowly inching upwards, and I'm still waiting for the lovely 70 degree days to come.

I'm relaxing now with a glass of Dewar's (scotch) and water.  So satisfying and refreshing.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hope all is well with Rocky. All the shots should make him sleepy for at least a day. Fred is due next month for his annual and some shots.

    We had been in the high 70's to low 80's during all that stormy weather but it was warmer today so I guess the nice cool weather is over for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still giving him some meds from the prior visit and I think they help him sleep in the morning.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to make good use of your time while Rocky was at the vet.

    Good luck working on your yard tomorrow. Take your time you do not need to do it all in one day.

    Nice to hear you are enjoying your glass of scotch. Hope to make it into town tomorrow to buy me some beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to get one of the garden beds ready for planting, but Rocky kept running through it. I have to keep remembering that his age is equivalent to a rowdy teen-ager.

      Delete