Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Family Gathering

Our family evening at Straw Hat Pizza was a great party as always - there were close to 20 adults and 10 kids, so you can imagine the scene.  This isn't like being in a restaurant where you sit at a table for the evening - everyone was up and mingling, and of course the kids have their own entertainment at the various machines - little Quinn was so proud of the stuffed toy she "won".  Four of my siblings who live far enough away that I don't see them as often, were there with their spouses, my sister who is facing surgery at the end of this month and her daughter, plus three of my kids and their families, made for a wonderful time.

 I didn't eat or drink too much last night and got a decent night's sleep, but I feel really crappy this morning.  Haven't done a thing so far and probably won't do much for the rest of the day.  

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He would have been in heaven! All that food plus all the kids to play with is his idea of a party!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got out of the house and had a good time. I've been reading but not commenting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same, Sandie. It was nice to get out but I sure needed my alone time today to get my energy back!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like everyone had a good time and that you got to see a lot of your family members.

    Don't feel bad I have not accomplished much today either nor do I intend to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have a partner in being lazy! I have not done one thing today!

      Delete
  4. Family gatherings can be fun but boy can they wear you out. Have a great lazy day we all need those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I am so tired - I think it has a lot to do with nerves & tension, and wanting everything to go well. I told Jeannie that next time I will pay the bill and she can do all the coordination and hostessing at the gathering. Of course I'll do what I can but I need to let go of the actual planning and control. It's no big deal at all but I'm getting older and new blood has more energy to do it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They certainly are. I spent the entire day after resting up from it. When you get that many people together there is a lot energy in the air!

      Delete