Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Last clear day for a while

It has been overcast all day, but the rains haven't started yet.  Ara and I spent about 35 min. at the gym (I walked 1.5 miles today) and then went to Costco.   Filled up my gas tank and got some good stuff for both of us.  I'm really going to miss that girl when her clearances finally come through and she starts working.   She thinks it's pretty close now and I hope for her sake it is.

I have developed an almost insatiable appetite and the only reason I can figure is resuming workouts at the gym.   I don't recall the walking ever making me this hungry.   Or maybe as some Moms tell kids, "You're growing"!

I just got a message from Jeannie saying she made it to town and her chiro appointment easily and safely.  Coming home is what I worry about - the headlights in the dark and increased traffic.   I'm just an old mother hen when it gets right down to it, and I wish she didn't have to drive so far.   I'm noticing there is half an hour more of daylight than when I started driving her to her appointments, and  I'll be glad when it stays light for a longer time in the evening.  I'll also be happy when it gets warmer and i can have the sliding door open during the afternoon, although it will just invite the dust and dirt to come in!

I will be so happy when the weather warms up and I can get out and do outdoors things.  I don't know if  I will ever get back to camping - I sort of doubt it since I don't have a canine camping companion.  

I hope everyone has a nice evening, wherever you are.








4 comments:

  1. Yes the days are getting longer and the afternoons a little warmer to. I have been spending more time outdoors cleaning up all the wind blown junk off the porch and removing lot of empty pots that once held pretty flowers.

    I am also torn about going camping, maybe we will yet Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not cleaning up anything on the porch or in the yard until the rain is finished. I heard it hit the roof all night long!

      I hope you get an opportunity to do some camping. Maybe it will inspire me.

      Delete
  2. We find that we get a lot of dust and dirt through the windows in the state and federal parks we stay in with dirt or sand pads. That's the one thing I never liked about cleaning. It isn't like fixing something and then it's fixed. Cleaning has to be done over and over....uggg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just set a moratorium on cleaning until the rain is over and it gets warmer.

      Delete