Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday again!

I guess I should be happy to live to see another Saturday roll around, and I am, but I just wish they wouldn't roll around so fast.
I apologize for all my long replies to comments on yesterday's blog.  That's my Gemini at work!  (My rising astrological sign is Gemini, which indicates that I talk a lot and love to write a lot.  Other than that, I am very much an introvert!)

I did laundry today and just finished drying the 2nd load across the street.   I'll be glad when it's warm enough to hang things out to dry.  The management doesn't take care of the laundry and there are machines that have been out of order for at least a year, probably longer.  There also must be some washing machines that leak because there is always water running across the floor.  At least I have a washer and if I ever get this place releveled I'm going to buy a new washer&dryer set.  Steve said I have 220 electricity to the outlet in that area so it will be no problem to hook up a dryer as well.  I still prefer clothes air dried.

Now I have to put all those clean clothes away and I'm going to put it off for a while, and hope I don't trip over one of the baskets!   It is so good to see the sun all day although I'm still wearing my fleece jacket indoors and out.

Ara got the official word she starts work on Monday morning.  Poor girl, her boyfriend is flying in from Missouri tomorrow to spend a week with her.  I think she has a couple of family get togethers planned so everyone can meet him, and of course he will have to pass the gauntlet with Joey and Steve.

I have an appointment with phys. therapy next Wednesday and I'm actually looking forward to it.  I hope I can learn some strategies to stay on my feet instead of nearly tripping over them.   It's sad because I was very graceful when I was young, and now I tromp around like I'm wearing Army boots!

Time to start thinking about supper.  I cooked a lot of chicken today and need to divide it up for future meals, but tonight's meal is on my mind.  I feel like I'm starving and I have actually eaten well today!  I have been thinking I would love to talk to a nutritionist about what I really need to be including in my diet to try to get my numbers back in order, but I doubt they would have much sympathy for me especially if they've been brainwashed about getting your cholesterol below 100.

Enjoy the weather, wherever you are.  I'd love to see some snow, and would love to experience some of the warmth in parts of the country.  But I'll take what I have and be happy with it! 

8 comments:

  1. Wow I've never been told that my total cholesterol should be under 100. Under 150 I have read and you really can't have a heart attack. Poor Ara and poor boyfriend. What bad timing for them given how long she's been off before starting to work. What sort of work will she be doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sent to a vascular surgeon about 3 yrs ago. My cholesterol was at 104 as I had been in the hospital and I cannot eat a bite of their food! That man had the nerve to tell me they "like it to be under 100", and insisted I take Lipitor. I got the Rx filled and started out on a trip to NY. By the time I reached MN I couldn't even drive my shoulder and arm hurt so badly. Needless to say I threw that stuff out and think doctors like that are straight out charlatans who are under te thumb of drug companies. I got some of my weight back and my cholesterol went up to a decent level, but never really reached what I think it should be.

      She will be teaching art classes to an organization that provides work for disadvantaged young men, but also some cultural enrichment. I think it's a beautiful idea and am anxious to hear how it works in reality. She is really an excellent artist and teacher,
      and will do well.

      Back to cholesterol, I can remember when my cholesterol was at 248 - they said it probably should be under 200. What a difference marketing can make for the drugs they push. I will never see another cardiologist or vascular doctor.

      Delete
  2. It boggles the mind with all this whats to high and whats to low with cholesterol.

    Nice when the sun shines makes the heart happy brings a smile to your face.

    I don't mind washing clothes but I do mind putting all away too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you try to find out about what is proper and safe for cholesterol levels, you can tell they are spouting the words of the drug companies, and I found only one site that talks about the negative effects of really low cholesterol. I feel like I've been dying a slow deat, but right now things are getting worse.

      Delete
  3. I was reading your test result post from yesterday and I learned a lot from it and from the comments you received...so don't apologize for the long replies, they were beneficial at least to me.

    My mother has a severe iron deficiency and her doctor is trying to get the numbers up by manipulating her diet as she has not had a good reaction when given medication to treat this.

    At least Ara will be with her boyfriend during Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if a condition gets too severe, diet can't turn things around fast enough. I've been eating high fat foods ever since I've had problems with my teeth and have lost so much weight. It sure hasn't brought my cholesterol up! Good luck to your Mother in raising her iron levels.

      Delete
  4. Oh Gypsy. I am praying for your safety in light of the Oroville Dam. Don't know how a breach would affect Sacramento. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for thinking of me. I am close to the American River, but to the northeast of Sacramento (in Rancho Cordova). I worry about the dam at Folsom lake, but they let water out periodically into the American River so they have room left for a lot of snow melt in late spring. Of course they can't plan for some years, and I remember being here in the 1980's when the floods were pretty bad, but never did affect my area even though the American river rose way out of its banks and came up nearly to the backs of houses across the street.

      Delete