Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Dreary day

I went to the med center this morning to make an appointment with a new doctor, and they asked me if I wanted an appt. that was available in 20 minutes.  Of course I said Yes as I just wanted to get it over with.  Good thing I finally saw a doctor because what I diagnosed as being wrong with me (and fretted over for weeks and months) isn't the problem at all.   I think I will like this doctor.  I am going to get the whole bank of blood tests including cholesterol, which doesn't mean that I'm going to take any meds suggested to me.  But I won't count chickens before they are hatched, and hopefully I'll be just fine.  They like cholesterol to be extremely low, but that's not healthy either.  It takes cholesterol to heal tissue, which is an ongoing process, and there are other very good things about it.  The drug companies have sold the medical people and their patients on cholesterol being bad for them, so they can sell more Lipitor I suppose.

I am not very happy with the state of CA right now and could just spit nails I'm so angry.  I would live anywhere else if I could, but it would mean not seeing my family often and I don't think I want to forgo the best thing in my life at this stage of the game.

With the health problems and the troubles with my house, and now the troubles with CA, it's hard to keep my good spirits up.     And the rain has been relentless today and will probably stay that way until the weekend.  I guess this calls for ice cream, although if I get my blood tested in the morning I wonder if ice cream could cause a spike in something or other.  Maybe I'll wait until Friday to get the blood tests.

I hope everyone is having a better day than I am at this point.  It was going so well for a while.

8 comments:

  1. Yes ice cream will affect lots of numbers. I always eat perfectly for a week before blood tests although that's pretty dishonest. What has California done to get you riled up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided I'm going to eat what I please because I don't really care what the numbers say. I'm nibbling on some chocolate chips right now.

      CA is bugging me about my car insurance being issued in another state.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to land an appointment so soon but mainly that you think you will like this doctor. I am with you with the cholesterol lowering drugs, I hate Statins and she let me get off them until my next blood tests show that I have stuck to my diet.

    I am with Sherry, I tend to behave myself a week before blood tests...guess that is cheating...oh well :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone just told me that she was told women, especially older women, should NOT take Lipitor (or other statins) because of the potential for liver damage. I don't think those numbers reflect anything except how you are at the particular time they draw blood. So what, if you've been eating something the night before that affects the numbers - it doesn't mean you've done permanent damage to your health. The tech who took my blood pressure & all that stuff said I had incredibly good numbers, and I usually do. I just get curious now and then about all the things they test for.

      Delete
    2. I had heard of the liver damage potential being for all age groups but you are probably right, women our age are more than likely at greater risk.

      I also do not take any medication with acetaminophen like Tylenol. I will tough out the pain or take aspirin for the same reason.

      Delete
  3. Blood tests found my very low B12. Easy fix with the cherry flavored 5000 mcg Costco vitamins. I could tell a difference quickly in my energy. They don't even mention my cholesterol now. Funny, I started eating a lot of coconut oil is the only difference. I am Adam of doctor checkups now after what all was found in my last round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should say I am a fan, not I am Adam... Blinking spell check.

      Delete
    2. That is the kind of info I am interested in getting, but I absolutely won't take any kind of Rx for whatever, especially cholesterol. I'm getting way ahead of things though, and should just wait and see what the results are.

      Delete