Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, February 6, 2017

Disappointment!

I was eagerly looking forward to going to the dentist this morning, but when I got there I found I had misunderstood.  This was to be a fitting of the basic framework, to make sure it would be compatible and would fit properly.  Next week I go back and they will fit the entire partial plate, and it will be ready for me the next week.  That is two more weeks to wait.  I could have cried.  He explained to me that this will fit securely and won't move around like so many of them do, and that I will be very satisfied with the finished product.  I have no doubt of that and of all the dentists I've ever been to I think his work is far superior, but I was hoping to have this ordeal over with.

So I came home in the rain and after about 15 minutes I went back to bed for a long nap.  I was exhausted when I woke up this morning because last night I was up every 45 minutes with cramps in my legs.  Now I feel much better after a good lunch but the rain that has been falling since early last night doesn't make me want to do anything else.  I've already decided to skip the gym, and I might as well skip Costco too.   That leaves me with the option of eating a big bowl of ice cream, after which I will have to wrap up in blankets!

I just realized it's the 1st Monday of the month and I'm missing pizza at the gym.  Tomorrow morning (1st Tuesday) they have bagels between 6 and 8 am, although that is a bit early for me.   After two big bowls of cheese-broccoli soup and some ice cream, I don't now why I'm even thinking of pizza and bagels!

Nothing happening here today - just trying to stay warm, dry, and relatively happy.  Hope everyone out there has the same.



 

10 comments:

  1. I never eagerly look forward to a trip to a dentist. It has been quite a few years since I have been to one, and I really should make an appointment. If I remember, I will add it to my "to do" list. . . maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never a fun trip to make, and the only thing is to just get it over with. I really hate it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the dentist is doing a good job, if not as fast as you might like. I always am ready for ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely trust the dentist and his methods. I know I'll be much happier in the long run with dentures that fit. The ice cream was so soothing and put me in a much better mood.

      Delete
  3. I know ice cream will cure any disappointment but I'm sorry you are having to wait. I know you just want to get this all over with and I don't blame you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a setback to try my patience! I can deal with it.

      Delete
  4. You always say your house is cold, don't you have a furnace? Mine went out right at the beginning of winter and it sure has been cold here but the electric heaters have done a great job.

    Ice cream is such a good cure for just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have a furnace that is set to go on with it gets down to 55. Some mornings I manually turn it up a few degrees, but it stays mostly at 55, which is COLD! The more I use it the higher the bills, plus the extra electric used by the heaters. I don't want my entire monthly check to go to heat, so I try to tough it out.

      Delete
  5. You are such a positive person, I have never used the word "eager" in anything having to do with a dentist or doctor. In the long run you will be glad you had to wait just a tad longer.

    Ice cream is like a miracle medicine that can cure almost all ills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be glad if I can just hold my patience. When they slipped the denture form on I couldn't believe how comfortable it felt right away. I'm sure it's going to be better than if I wasn't under the care of someone who is concerned about me and my satisfsction in the long run.

      Delete