Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Welcome Day!

Today has been a beautiful sunny day, especially after all the rainy ones.  We're not finished with the rain yet!

I went to get blood tests run this morning for a thyroid problem.   My mother had it and now my daughter does, so it's a possibility that I am suffering from some of the symptoms.  I should know something tomorrow, although I was told there are a couple of the tests that might take a little longer to process.

The magnesium/calcium/zinc that I've been taking has made some difference in how I feel, but I have a long way to go before I can even vacuum my living room carpet!

This morning I set out a steak to thaw, and after I had blood drawn went to the grocery to buy a potato for baking, mushrooms to saute with the onions, and I haven't decided if I will have another vegetable or not.   By the time I load up my baked potato I probably won't want any other veggies!

I think I'll take a nap and hope I wake up hungry!



7 comments:

  1. beautiful sunny days are always a wonderful way to spend the day. Spent a few hours out on the porch with my fountain going love the sound of the water cascading and the slight breeze letting the wind chimes tickle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could sit on my porch, but the prevailing breezes (winds) blow directly at my house and I can't keep porch furniture clean enough to sit on. I can't keep the railings clean or anything else outside. This problem includes the driveway and that's the only other place I can set up a lounge chair. I don't know where the winds pick up all the dirt, but it's absolutely filthy and I don't even want to sit out there and breathe it. So I love to hear about your porch and can imagine how nice it is when the weather is good.

      Delete
  2. Not enough energy to vacuum the carpet sounds like me. I've got the virus along with its aggravating cough that ended David up in the hosp;ital. Your dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new teeth feel good until I try to eat something like steak! I need to have it adjusted and an appointment has been made. So the steak wasn't as good as I had dreamed it would be. Just a little setback though.

      What, if anything, can you do for a virus? That's one of those things you just have to wait it out, but I hope you can eat to keep up your strength. Is it "going around" in FL?

      I hope you feel better soon. And of course we are all waiting and hoping for David's recovery and back to his old self.

      Delete
  3. I have read that black elderberry syrup will kill a virus or protect against it. There are research papers to support this on the internet. A lot of people buy "Sambucol" and you can even get it at Walmart. I haven't tried it, but it may be worth pursuing especially as antibiotics are not able kill viruses.

    http://www.inl.asia/resources-main-navigation-bar/three-scientific-papers-on-sambucol-elderberry-extract-and-the-flu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kombucha - very healthful drink. I"ve made my own for years. Cheaper than dirt. Stores ask too much! On internet search about kombucha. You need a "mother" to start fermentation. A nice fine wine. Energy giver.

    I have been lucky not tc get a virus. All hospitals are full of it here. A letdown about the denture and steak. Hopefully life will improve over time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Caddie! Nice to run across someone else that makes their own. I have been doing this for at least fifteen years. It's easy and my "mother" has always been healthy. I also make my own kefir with the kefir "grains" using raw milk from a dairy near by.

    ReplyDelete