Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 3, 2017

Just bumming around

I've been mostly bumming around with Ara the past few days, and her Mom as well at times.  Today we played hooky from the gym as we went out to Sunrise Mall where I got a new watchband put on my very old Timex at the Sears watch repair dept.  Across the street from Sears is Barnes & Noble, so of course we shopped a bit there.

She took me to lunch at Chipotle - mmmm!  and we came back here where she helped me put down a good size area rug that Martha was giving to me, and set up a lamp that she had no use for.  Now I have 2 lamps in my living room and plenty of light!

She wanted to start fixing the Tiffany style lamp with a new cord, which requires a new switch and new plug.  I had asked Steve to fix it but I finally let Ara at it.  We've been invited to supper courtesy of Donald in about two hours or so, and I fully expect Ara will have the lamp ready to go!  I had it sitting in the corner of my living room for so long now and it's amazing how Lady immediately came to mind when I glanced in that direction.   I will sort of miss her.

We had some heavy rains today mixed with periods of such bright sunshine it could take your breath away!  It is also much warmer but I soon found out I still need my jacket when going outside.

I'm going to grab a few minutes rest before leaving for Jeannie & Donald's.  See y'all tomorrow.

Update:  I just got a msg from Ara along with a photo - she has the lamp wire, plus, and switch fixed and working!    I didn't give her enough credit for doing it.  Now she needs to drill a hook into one of the studs in the ceiling to hang it.  (It is sitting on the rug).  Dang, that girl is good!

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh yum, going to Dinner with Donald. Lucky girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well today - lunch at Chipotle courtesy of my granddaughter, and dinner courtesy of my son-in-law.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day nothing like spending time with the grands. You entire day sounds wonderful. That is a pretty lamp good job Ara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She isn't afraid to tackle anything, and was itching to get her hands on that lamp. I just got tired of waiting for my son to fix it so I told her to go for it.

      Delete
  3. That is a pretty light. I am sure you will enjoy it and get a lot use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really casts a nice glow to a room. Now we have to get the hook to hang it from the ceiling, plus another smaller hook to drape the chain/cord. I'll post a photo of it when it is finished and hanging.

      Delete