Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 16, 2017

No news.

I really don't have anything to write about.   Donald hasn't ever returned my pictures taken down by the river, but I found out he has been really sick.  My daughter has been ill as well, but I think she recovered faster.   They are having Ara and her boyfriend over this evening for dinner, so I'll have to ask Ara how they are.

I took Ara and Steven (the b.f.) to Straw Hat pizza last night.  That place has superbly good pizza!   As life would have it, she started on her new job the day after Steven flew in, but she gets home at a decent hour so they have time together.  I think they are planning to go sailing in the S.F. Bay area this weekend - just hope the weather cooperates.

I heard at the store this morning that this coming Monday will be a humdinger of a bad stormy day.   

I visited the physical therapist recommended by the doctor, which I wasn't looking forward to at all.  Once my heartbeat got back to normal after worrying about finding this place, I really liked the therapist assigned to me.  I told him I detected a slight Irish accent, and he said he was from Dublin.  He must have been here for a long time because it doesn't jump out at you right away.   He thinks I'm in pretty good shape, but found 4 or 5 things to work on.  One thing that isn't at full strength is my quadriceps (thigh muscles) so I'm using the leg press at the gym starting this morning.  I used a fairly low setting with not too much resistance.  While I was at it I did a fairly complete upper body workout, and hope I can see results soon.   I have 3 more phys. therapy sessions.  At first I planned to only go to one and skip the rest, but found that I enjoy it, so I will complete all 4 visits.

There is a giant black cloud moving in from the west and I hope it just keeps on moving.

 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you like your physical therapy. So sorry to hear Donald is sick. David is too. Another cold from Disney World. I guess he's going to have to stop going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really worry about any large park the size of Disney. There are just too many people in relatively close quarters (in some areas) and I don't think I would feel safe myself. And I don't even worry about catching anything. But if I really liked being around that many people I probably wouldn't even think twice about it. I hope David gets over it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On one of the many camping blogs I read some to the people are going to move to higher ground or to one of the next states over. I guess we will be seeing some coming this way. Most boondock with dogs I sure hope they pay attention the rattlers are on the move and they are nasty right now.
    Hope all the family gets well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! I never thought of rattlers, but I guess they want to escape the flooding just like every other creature. The next week is going to be tense.

    ReplyDelete