Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ara, soon to be in the workforce!

We made a short trip to Costco this morning and when we got back to her house she offered to fix me lunch, which I readily accepted.  While we were eating she got the call she has been waiting for - all the required paperwork is in for her new job, and she just has to get a medical and TB test.  I finished eating and excused myself so she could take care of that this afternoon, and hopefully start to work on Monday.

I need to get my own medical appointment and ask for the blood tests. After finding several labs nearby that don't require an order from a doctor, I decided I don't have $85 to spend on it right now, so I might as well have insurance pay for it.  I looked at several doctors' bios who are at the clinic nearest me and selected one I think I might like.  If I don't care for her I will just get the lab work done and not go back.  I will certainly refuse to go to the main building for a lot of heart tests.  It doesn't make sense to take them because I can't tolerate the meds they want to give me for it, and it's so irritating to argue with an arrogant doctor.  I'll just do my best to live and eat healthy and not worry about when my time will come.

Jeannie, Ara, and I are going to the gym this evening, and I'm looking forward to a walk and mild work-out.  The big reward for our efforts is always the hydromassage beds and chair, but I think if I use the massage I will put it on the lowest setting.  I don't use a high pressure setting, but the last time was the evening I was awake all night with leg cramps.  The guys at the front desk like us so if no one else is wanting to use that equipment they will ask us if we want to continue.  The hydromassage runs about 7 minutes and the chair is probably the same.

It's up to 62 degrees right now but I'm still not feeling it, at least not indoors.  I guess the outdoors could be called "mild", but I'd sure love another 10 degrees added to what we have at present.  On the other hand we are probably in for a blistering summer, so I would rather have the present conditions.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. So happy for Ara, hope she enjoys her job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Ara and to you getting rid of leg cramps. Boy are they awful. I have enough trouble sleeping at night I can't imagine having them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the job is finally going to be hers. The last 2 nights I took a Benadryl before bedtime - a big no-no in my book - but I'm desperate!

      Delete