Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

All better

It may or may not last, but for the present the computer is working much better.  I deleted tons of files and folders, and since this computer was new I have never checked the "History" list.  Today I deleted the whole damn thing and I believe it was over 100,000 items.  I'm still not finished with getting rid of unneeded files and hope that my problem with the constant hanging up and having to restart is over with.

Here is a photo of the bathroom wall, which you may remember had a nasty symbol drawn on the surface under the formica.  Steve used his sharpie and made a nice flower of it, although cutting the space for a larger window has also cut into the flower.

(Click to enlarge).

I attended a concert tonight of choral groups from schools in the area, from Joshua's 4th grade up through high school.  It was outstanding!  I look at those beautiful children and wonder what kind of a world they are going to have in their future, and then listen to them sings songs of joy, courage, and hope.

I wanted to mention the delicious pizza Sandy made yesterday, with the crust being made of cauliflower, cheese, and egg.  Yes, cauliflower.  She used frozen Caul., thawed, run through the food processor, squeezed in a towel to remove the moisture, then processed again with mozzarella and 2 beaten eggs.  The mixture is pressed into a baking pan and baked on both sides - turning it is a bit tricky but she did it perfectly.  It came out nicely cooked and browned, then she  spread it with pizza sauce and lots of cheese, then baked in the oven.  It doesn't have a strong cauliflower taste as you might think it would.  I am going to try it, using my blender, and adding some artichokes and olives on the sauce before the cheese topping.  I am ecstatic about it because as you can tell, there are no carbs in the crust!  I also read in one of the recipes that you can cook the crust and cut it into rectangles or squares to be used in place of bread.  

Joshua emailed me the recipe which I think he found online.  Sandy altered it slightly, using more cheese and an extra egg.  I think she also baked it longer than called for, but as all ovens are somewhat different, your results may vary.  I'd be glad to do a post that includes the recipe if enough people are interested.  I wish I had taken a photo of it, but didn't. 

I hope this entry posts with no problems like the one I did earlier this morning.  I was really steamed when I lost all but the first few lines.   

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorting and packing away clothes that won't fit in the RV for now, and just packed away my sweaters. I kept out 3 sweatshirts. I'll pack most of my heavy pants as well, and wear my nylon hiking pants for the summer. Hard trying to figure what I'll need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have much storage in your RV? This time of year it's hard to figure out the weather.

      Delete
  2. Money is a great gift for kids. I wouldn't have a clue as to what they would want. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money it's going to be. She is a pretty smart kid and I thought she might like a book, but I really have no idea what her reading level is.

      Delete
  3. Money is a great gift for kids. I wouldn't have a clue as to what they would want. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too used to drive all over now I don't even like going across town. Of course way back when this was a very small town with very little traffic.

    Yes money is a good bet with kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would not want to drive more than a few miles away, but the time has come.

      Delete
  5. That is what I was wondering...if you had used the kon-mari system of packing...and you just answered it.

    Enjoy the cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you fold clothes her way they take up so much less space. That's why I have so many empty drawers at home now.

      Delete
    2. I'm still folding my underwear drawer the Kon-Mari way and it works. Wish I had known about this years ago.

      Delete
    3. I fold just about everything the Kon-Mari way and have so much extra room in the drawers. I love it.

      Delete
  6. I don't comment usually but I want to share what my 4 year old granddaughter said to her Mother last week. It was Alle's 4th Birthday and I always buy just a small toy or something but give the $50.00 dollars for their Birthdays and at Christmas $100.00 and their Mothers's have set up bank accounts for them for when they are older. Anyways 4 year old Alle says to her Mother last week. "It was so nice of Grandma to bring me money because I didn't have any" lol I alway enjoy reading about what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to not give money because the kid gets to see and maybe hold it for only a short while before the parents squirrel it away in a bank account or college fund. I don't buy toys though, but books, art supplies, etc. are my usual type of gift.

      Delete
  7. I'm obviously going to have to find out about the Kon-mari way of folding. I need more room in my clothing drawers. Our weather here has been going back an forth between sweats and sleeveless. Good thing I carry a few items for each season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The philosophy and method are described in Marie Kondo's book "The Magic Art of Tidying Up"; she goes further and illustrates the folding method among other things, in "Spark Joy". I found a number of Youtube videos where people demonstrate the actual folding of various types of clothing, and I found that very helpful.

      Delete
  8. My sister-in-law told me about cauliflower pizza crust about a year ago and I've never gotten around to making it. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to try it. Several members of my husband's family are celiacs, so they are always experimenting.

    ReplyDelete