Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Only Person in the World

Jeannie was telling me as we were driving to Costco a couple of days ago, that she had been talking with our hairdresser about why I wasn't notified of their new location.  Deanna said she just couldn't understand it as she had sent text messages to her entire customer list.  The light dawned, and Jeannie told me she said, "Wait - you texted everyone?  My Mom is the only person in the whole world who doesn't have texting on her phone."  Mystery solved, and I don't feel so bad now that I understand the error.  For a while I felt kind of left out and ignored - a silly reaction on my part, but hey, I'm human.  I haven't yet decided whether or not to go back, and my hair is getting really long (for me) and quite unmanageable.

It is supposed to rain today and I am all ready to go out to return a couple of items that I bought, but just can't get up the "get-up-and-go" to start moving!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking Autumn and Alyssa to Barnes and Noble.  They are the oldest grandchildren here in Sacramento, and being the oldest myself I know a thing or two about birth order.  (Actually, Ara is the oldest of Jeannie's daughters, but she is an adult, and lives on the east coast).  I will take the three younger ones, Arianna, Keira, and Liam within the next few weeks.  (Liam is the only child and technically the oldest in his family, but he has a birthday party to attend.)  Browsing books for a while and then a visit to the in-store cafe will make for a nice time and I think we will all enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

UPDATE:
I just got back from Home Depot and am freezing!  After the low 90's yesterday to the current 63 degrees at Noon today, is a big difference.  I am going to crawl back in bed and snuggle under the comforter for a while.

16 comments:

  1. You are NOT the only person who doesn't pay for texting. I don't receive it or send it by intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT the only person who doesn't pay for texting. I don't receive it or send it by intention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, you have the east coast coverered, and I have the west! r

      Delete
  3. I got an old cell phone that is small enough to fit in my watch pocket. I had the texting turned off. I must be old fashioned because I believe that a phone is only to be used to talk on. I have email and blogger and facebook, etc. where I can text (type) messages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about a phone. To tell the truth, I don't hear well on a cell phone and have to keep asking the person to repeat, or else I just keep quiet and miss whatever they are telling me.

      Delete
  4. And my sister has the mountain west covered. She still has an old flip phone and refuses to even think about texting. I would be freezing with that drop in temps also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And my sister has the mountain west covered. She still has an old flip phone and refuses to even think about texting. I would be freezing with that drop in temps also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like we have most areas of the US covered by an old timer with an old fashioned flip-style cellphone. I can remember when the cell phone wasn't even imagined yet, and now mine is old-fashioned!

      Delete
  6. No texting on my iPhone in the desert Southwest! I have iMessage, but use it only with one friend and my son. No clue how to contact anyone else.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so ironic - my son in NY set me up with Message, but only put in my kids and granddaughter (Ara). I don't have any idea how to how another person, and really don't want to know. I'm just as happy emailing and don't really need the message feature.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone in my non-texting life.

      Delete
  8. I wish I had never started with this texting it is a royal pain nobody calls anymore they don't even answer their phones.
    I hope you enjoy the trip to Barnes n Noble with the girls. I miss the days when my grand kids were young and we went places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the texting, and it's one of the reasons I refuse to get a smart phone. Even though it looks like rain, I plan to enjoy the outing and I'm sure the girls will also.

      Delete
  9. No cell phone or texting on this end by choice.

    It was 90 today with a heat index of 95. Would love to have your temperature in the 60's...enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would stay in the 60's and low 70's. We are inching up to 76 by next Thursday, and I'm afraid to see what's after that.

      Delete