Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I'm back in one piece!

Both flight sections yesterday were great and on time, and of course I was most comfortable in the Chi-Sac flight where I had a 1st class seat!  Both my grandsons had some kind of stomach bug that lasted them for a day, and my flight day was when it hit me.  Besides being so tired from getting up at 4 am, I had to keep running to the bathroom!  After a good night's sleep I'm almost back to normal today.

In Chicago I went into a cafe and ordered a medium size coffee.  Lord I was tired and it was only about 9 in the morning!  I took the cup and set it under what looked like a pump, thinking it was cream.  I gave a full, strong push on the pump and watched a dollop of catsup drop into my coffee.  After making sure that no one had observed what I did, I asked the clerk where the cream was, and proceeded to add lots of the good stuff.  The first sip was ok - no catsupy taste at all, so I sat by a window overlooking the planes landing and departing, and drank the coffee.  When I reached the bottom of the cup and saw a sludgy brown mess I threw it away and no one was the wiser.  I certainly didn't notice a strange flavor or anything, but I still chuckle when I think about it.

First class had the usual all-you-can-drink policy plus the delicious meal but I wasn't feeling up to enjoying it like I did on the flight out to NY.  I ate the salad and veggie side, but left the lobster mac & cheese, plus the sorbet dessert.   I did take a taste of the lobster and under better circumstances I would have polished it off with gusto!  I drank about a beer and a half on the flight and really didn't enjoy it all that much as it just made me have to go to the restroom more often.

I love the new bathroom here at home.  I can't take a picture just yet because Joe is grouting the tile in the shower right now.  The water is back on - I spent the night at Jeannie's last night because I wouldn't have been able to use the restroom at the laundry room after 10pm.

The 4 kids all chipped in and bought me a beautiful new vanity  and sink for Mother's Day which I am going to really love.  Now I notice that the old medicine cabinets and mirrors look out of place, so I am probably going to hang a big wall mirror in that space, and keep the supplies from the med cabinets in one of the smaller compartments of the vanity.  It will work out perfectly!  I will take photos as soon as the work is completed and post them.

Steve ran into a lot of problems with the plumbing - you can imagine with a model that was sold in 1962 and was probably manufactured with little or no standards they had to adhere to.  The space behind the walls is too small to hold pipes, so they ran narrow hoses instead.  I found my RV to be similar - it was nice looking and relatively good quality for the industry, but it seemed to be thrown together in many aspects.  I'm happy with what the boys have done, and am already making a mental list of things I want to do in the future.

I'll be back in a day or two with photos.

14 comments:

  1. SO sorry you had a bug on your flight back. Not the most enjoyment of 1st class but that's the place to be for sure if you don't feel well. Love the ketchup story!! Way to just go with the flow. Such a sweet mother's day gift. Your kids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a touch of that bug - can't seem to shake it yet. The boys were working on the bathroom today and had their kids with them. Pandemonium reigns! Good thing I'm a zombie with jet lag.

      Delete
  2. Ketchup in your coffee....Good one:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I couldn't taste the ketchup. I'm glad no one seemed to notice, I might have started a new fad!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you caught the bug right on the day you had to return. Kids bounce back pretty fast, so expect it to take a little bit long for you especially since you had such a long day. feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think another good night's sleep will fix me up.

      Delete
  4. Maybe you should let people think that was a special new way of drinking coffee. Pretty funny. Sorry about the bug and glad you're feeling better. Looking forward to those pictures of your pretty new bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are people who love ketchup on everything!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back home!

    Glad you are almost over the bug. Your kids are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to sleep in my own bed, although I sure miss my NY crowd.

      Delete
    2. Ms. Belinda, I left a comment on your latest blog post, and just got a notice it was undeliverable. I'm not sure how that can happen, but just wanted to let you know.

      Delete
    3. You know Blogger, it is always messing up! However, you comment is showing up on my blog. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. It sure is not fair to be feeling poorly while on a first class trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly right about that. Although I felt cheated on the meal and drinks, I sure was glad to have the leg room & comfortable seat.

      Delete