Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 9, 2016

New Setup

Mike updated my computer's operating system yesterday to the latest OSX version of "El Capitan".  I had let two new operating systems go by because I knew that I would face problems just figuring out and installing them.  In the end we moved all my photos to the iCloud, including the photos I couldn't retrieve from my iPhoto program which had been corrupted.  (It took hours to move nearly 3000 photos!)  So while I really don't understand any of it, my computer seems to run a little better.  I still will need service to vacuum all the crumbs out from under the keyboard!

Maybe some of you who are near my age will understand how I dislike crowding up my brain with new stuff that I'm really not interested in knowing.  I am an intelligent woman and can do and understand anything I set my mind to, but now I am just more selective in what I set my mind to.  Let the younger folks constantly crave something new and different, but I am satisfied with tried and true.  That said, I may end up liking this new setup.

My suitcase is packed and I am so proud of the job. The only thing I will have to do is to throw the few items that are left into my carry-on.  I'm getting anxious to see the progress on my bathroom remodel - Steve warned that I may not be able to use the shower for the first few days I'm back because he wants all the grout, etc., to dry properly.  I have nothing on my calendar for a while so I can live with washing up out of the sink.  He's keeping Mike up on everything but no one is telling me much, so I'm in for a delightful surprise.

I didn't walk on the treadmill yesterday, so maybe I should do double today?  I am ready to quit when I reach 25-30 min!

8 comments:

  1. Oh the treadmill is so boring to me. Although if I could read a book while doing it, I might like it. Hope your computer continues to work well for you. I know what you mean about just not being interested in all the "latest stuff".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to find the treadmill boring, but not any more although I'm always glad when I am finished. I vary the speed and watch the minutes tick away, do some eye exercises, etc.

      Delete
  2. I am with you in sticking with the tried and true.

    I am so excited about the new bathroom you would think the surprise was going to be for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting more excited everytime I think about it. I'll be sure and post pictures. I was just thinking that I will have to pain the walls in the near future. I used to love to paint, but my eyes aren't really good enough these days, so I may enlist help.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you about not cluttering the mind with things you don't want to deal with. I struggle with that because I have always been determined to understand and know how to do new things. Now I just decide if I really want to invest the time and brain-space to do it. But, the very best thing about getting older is that I discovered that I can just say, "I don't want to". All of those things I have spent my life feeling obligated to do ------ now I just say, "I don't want to". And, I don't do it and I don't make excuses for why. Getting old has its rewards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head! Isn't it great to reach the stage where we don't feel obligated to defend our choices?

      Delete
  4. I too am so excited about your new bathroom. Painting used to be my favorite thing now it kills me so I just don't do it and I sure need to have some rooms done it's been a long time.
    Can't believe its almost time for you to go home.

    ReplyDelete