Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Always Chaos

I feel like for every step I take forward the result is two steps back.  I think my name means "Chaos"!  At least my bathroom looks clean, tidy, and gorgeous.  Now that Steve has taken some of the tools home it is time to think about cleaning up the living room, but I look at the chaos and don't know where to start, so I don't.

I had a good start to my day this morning:



 I see a couple of items Steve forgot to take home.  Here is my breakfast -  strawberries, blueberries, banana, and walnuts . . .



With whipped cream added for a bit of sweetness.  It wasn't really needed as the strawberries are very sweet for a change.  (Click the photo to enlarge.)

I made a quick trip to Home Depot this morning to get some grout sealer, and to pick up some paint chips.  I think I like a lovely cream color that seems to match the background on the tile.  I will get a couple more opinions before buying the paint however.

I'm trying to do at least a little bit every day to sort, organize, purge, and find a place for "stuff".  I think someone or something brings more stuff during the night to add to my work to be done.  At the rate I'm going I'll never finish.

I think I'm over the bug that I picked up in NY, and should be over the jet lag.   I wish I had more energy, but I think that is a thing of the past for me.

I see my chiropractor tomorrow morning, work at the library on Tuesday, and need to make an appointment with the dermatologist to have the growth removed from my arm.  It hurts when anything touches it, such as a long sleeve, the bedsheet, etc.  I should have called before I went to NY.  I also am thinking about leaving the library volunteer job.  My eyes are just not good enough, as I can only read what is level with my eyes which makes it difficult when looking at books on the top and bottom shelves.  I couldn't get an appointment with my eye surgeon until July, and I don't think anything can be done unless I agree to bi-weekly injections.  That doesn't interest me at all.  

Have a good week, and I'm going to do the same.

8 comments:

  1. Your fruit plate looks wonderful. Glad you're feeling better. My eye sight is getting worse also. It'll be interesting to see what the doc has to say when we get to Billings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruit is a wonderful start to my day. I hope you don't have mac degeneration - there doesn't seem to be much they can do for it.

      Delete
  2. I have lots of neighbors who went for those injections, they may slow down the progress but do not improve the sight. And they are not fun either. But everyone knows what is best for them.
    I think once we stop what we were doing such as your clean up it is so hard for me to get back into it.

    That fruit plate does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ironic that eventually my eyes are going to make me eligible for a seeing eye dog, when I've wanted another dog for several years now. It is a bit difficult getting back into the cleaning routine, but I made up my mind the last couple of days that I'll try to do something each day. I really need to give my floors a good cleaning, but not until the boys are finished with their work.

      Delete
  3. Nice breakfast:) I can live with a little chaos around the house, but I prefer to think of it as ...well okay-I just do not feel like cleaning up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being the oldest of 8 kids, and raising 4 kids of my own, I think I have always lived with chaos all around me. Sometimes it bothers me, but usually I can just ignore it.

      Delete
  4. Do you have macular degeneration? That's the only eye thing I can think of that requires injections. I'm thinking that your energy will return once you get back to your routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have macular degeneration and it seems to be progressing rapidly. I worked out at the gym this evening, so I'm hoping I get a little increase in energy from it.

      Delete