Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 14, 2015

Distraction

I must be pretty distracted this morning.  I washed my hair in the shower and decided to use a drop of conditioner, which I don't do very often.  It is made from hemp and I love the way it makes my hair glisten.  But this morning I rubbed the drop of conditioner between my hands and started smearing it over my face!  I realized what I was doing and managed to get some of it on my hair, but then I'm thinking - "If I got stopped and given a drug test this morning I wonder if I would pass."

My face feels smoothe and hydrated, and if it stays this way all day I might start using it regularly.  

I used my Melita coffee system this morning and it wasn't too much of a bother.   I have an electric kettle that heats the water very fast, and while the water was seeping through the grounds I heated more water to fill the thermos so it would warm up.  When I dumped the water out of the thermos I poured the extra coffee into it and I'm now having my second big mug of wonderful coffee.  I think this will work much better than the huge Mr.C machine, so I will return that to Costco.  I'll still have my old Mr.C in case I feel the need to use it.  Clean-up is surely a breeze - just rinse or wash the glass decanter,  lid, and the filter cone.

My granddaughter Autumn will be 9 years old this weekend, and her birthday party is being held at a roller skating rink.  You may remember that I survived a couple of turns round the rink on grandson Justin's birthday a couple of years ago.  Do I dare try it again?

I'm off to the gym, the chiropractor, the post office, and maybe even Costco.  

6 comments:

  1. I would stay off the skates. Don't tempt fate, it sometimes turns against you. A broken bone will put a big dent on the enjoyment of your life of leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe, skate double with one of your wonderful sons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to wade through 4 different coffeepots to find the right one. Big round reservoir for the water (no spillage) and cone filter. On/Off button and that's it. A cone filter uses less coffee grounds for the same effect as the usual round filters. Good luck finding the right pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hemp conditioner sounds wonderful. Where can I get some? I just hate not being able to do fun things like skating because I'm old. But justified fear makes all those things big decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hemp conditioner sounds wonderful. Where can I get some? I just hate not being able to do fun things like skating because I'm old. But justified fear makes all those things big decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the hemp will have a bad effect if stopped, but how wonderful to find a great moisturizer.
    The more you talk about the melita the more I want to go dig mine out of the camping container.
    My daughters birthday is this weekend too

    ReplyDelete